Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread >

32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Congrats. I remember when I shot one of my 10 pointers my little girl wanted to go on the recovery with me. Of coarse I said yes and her along with my wife came out. We found the deer quickly and my daughter wasn't afraid to get right up close with me while I dressed it out. She even rode in the back of the truck with it to the house!!!
Now when I take a deer she runs the other way unless one of her friends want to see it. What a difference 12 years make.
Thats some good eating Arj.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea
Old 11-09-2007, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

It's going to be a great weekend up here in IL to be either in the woods or a duck blind. The weather has been cooperating for both types of hunting. Unfortunatly I can't be in both places so I'm opting for the duck blind. I did get home early enough from work to get in my stand for the last 45 min. last night and had the oppertunity to take 3 different deer, two of which were does and one 2 1/2 yr old buck. All within 15 yrds. I let all go as they were too young but it was incouraging to to see so much action in so little time. I believe the lock down phase might be durring the shotgun season here in IL. [:@] That being said I need to relocate a stand in a known doe bedding area. Otherwise a stalk might be needed. Good luck to all this weekend and I hope to see some new posts with some big buck photos.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree man....We've been seeing many bucks chasing and sparring....its going to be sweet....but down hereafter Shotgun season you don't see many bucks!!
Old 11-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

man..I had a grest weekend...I seen 4 bucks Saturday Mourning...I missed 2(keep reading).Saturday evening I had a big 10pt. at 20 yds...he busted me..only 2 more steps!! Today mourning I seen 5 does..then a buck..I rattled him in..no shot...started rattling again and a doe come..and then this big wide 10pt came in..I had a shot but he was facing right at me and I didn't feel comfortable...well tonight it was rainy and very very windy...I still went..I got in my stand..noked a arrow..started looking at my bow when I notice the Pin Guard was very low...i tapped it and it came off the bracket...that didn't keep me from hunting...I practiced Instinctive shooting over the summer.Well my uncle and I thought thought about it and I shot right over the 2 buck's backs saturday mouring so we think thast why I missed...overall I had some nice Rut Action!!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Labhunter
Arjuna
Fop23
OkieArcher
RisnerPSE
sk74ford

Where you guys at..haven't heard from ya in a bit!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

been busy....hey...it's only been a week since I posted pictures of my doe this year.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry man..forgot...but anyways....trying to keep up with everyones year and I was in a hurry!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys sorry I haven't been on here in a week or so. The action here in Southern Indiana has been pretty slow. The only day that I saw chasing was Nov 3. Since then it has been very slow. I have only seen two nice bucks this whole year. About every day I go I can shoot a small buck because they are always walking around. I haven't even been able to shoot a doe.

Two nights ago I had my best opportunity at a nice buck. I hunted a different spot about 30 minutes away from my house. I have hunted this spot about five times before and have never seen a deer while hunting. But the sign I see is amazing and I know that there are deer in there. But anyway I was in my brothers climber and was in a spot I thought would be very good. I was only 80 yards or so from a road but last year this spot was tore up with sign. So I already had a hang on stand on the property and after the hunt I was wanting to remove it and take it to the farm I normally hunt to get ready for gun season. So it was about 20 minutes before sunset and I hadn't seen a thing so I decided to get down. I go my bow and backpack and tied it to my rope and got ready to lower my bow down. I was about to lower it when I heard something to my left. I looked over and saw legs. So I hurried up and untied my bow and tried to nock an arrow. Now I couldn't really do much becasue I am in a climber and have a backpack in my lap and am holding my bow. So I can't stand up and to make matters worse I am left handed and cannot shoot to my left without shifting in the stand or just standing up. So I look over to see a nice wide 8 point just walking along. But whenever I untied my bow the string it fell down onto the leaves below me and made a noise. As soon as it did the buck stopped and looked around. He knew something wasn't right and would not come closer. He is about 20 yards away and starts to walk away. So I fumble through my backpack and wipped out my grunt and buck roar call and blow it a few times. He whips back around and stops about 30 yards facing me but I am still sitting and can't do anything. So he couldn't see another buck so he walked off.[:@]

But that is the only action I have seen and I have logged at least85 hours in the stand this year. Usually I see a lot of action and already have a nice buck in the freezer. I have talked to other guys and they say this is the worst year of hunting they have ever seen. We think it is becsue of the drought and the blue tongue disease that is going around in this area. So hopefully I can get something this weekend. I will keep you posted.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea...well I think its better than last year..I seen a couple bucks last year and I've seen over 20 this year!!

Quick Reply: 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.