Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread >

22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Congrats, Trex! Way to go. Well, fellas, I'm still getting blanked out here, but the search will continue.

Sorry to hear about your trouble, Chris. Keep your head up. I'm sure everything will work itself out. Seems like these types of things have a way of working themselves out for the better in many cases. Just out of curiosity, what type of construction do you do?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Excellant work Rex, and congrats again Huck.
I had a great time at rifle camp, I didn't shoot one but as a group we took 8 deer and 2 small bears, the best buck was a 8 point thats T1 was only 1" long but it pointed down, would have been a drop tine next year. Heres a pic from openening day:

Old 11-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could see myself taking that photo! Oh how I wish I could have been there. It looks like your camp was a hoot! Congrats to everyone!
Old 11-13-2007, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, Thanks for the kind words everyone. I am doing fine. Still looking for a job but I have been making the most of my time off. I made it out for an evening hunt last night. It poured the rain for the first hour I was on stand. It finally quit raining about 4:00 pm. and that's when the action began. I saw 6 different bucks from 4:00 to dark. The biggest being about a 145 -150" ten point. He was a beauty. I was exclusively doe hunting and I haven'tbought my second buck tag yet, I had to watch him walk by at 22 yards. None of the other five bucks I seen were mature just yet. 4 of them were 2.5 year olds with a ton of potential. One of them was a beautiful looking 10 point that would score about 125", however, he just didn't have the mass yet. I also saw 2 eight points a seven point and a 3 point. All of them were 2.5 year olds except the 3 point which was only 1.5 years old. Needless, to say I had a great day on stand. 3 of the 6 bucks presented shots. Go figure.... no does even came into range. I had a great time just watching all those bucks. I didn't have to worry about "the shot" I grunted at them and turned the can at them and even rattled at them some. It was almost comical watching the bucks run around me looking for my grunt tube and doe bleat. It was one of the best hunts in a long time and I didn't even draw back my bow.

By the way Mike, I am not in the constuction field. My last job was in sales. Guys wish me luck and hopefully I can find a job soon. Keep at it fellas the time is now. The bucks are on the move.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone out there???? Are you guys still hunting???? We need some more bucks on the ground...LOL!!
Old 11-16-2007, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still here, waiting for a friend to pick me up to go back to camp, but its gun camp, gotta go get his dog and our meat, we'll do a quik hunt before gun season closes saturday.
I hope to be in a stand on Sunday morning with the bow.
I still have my tag, and time, season closes Dec 31... DON'T RUSH ME LOL
Old 11-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trevor,

Will you be around Tuesday night (11/20)? My sister and I have a lay over in Toronto. We arrive there @ 9:00pm and do not leave until the following morning for Quebec. I would love to buy you a beer and pick your brain on caribou hunting.

Good luck everyone! My mind is on the great white north!
Old 11-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Will, I'll be in town Tuesday but I need to work out my schedule Mon morning before commiting, some days I'm in bed by 8pm, others I can stay up late. Do you know where you're staying? I used to be fairly close to the airport but not anymore. If you spend any time in Toronto you'll quckly realize that everything is an hour away, we have way too many bad drivers and not nearly enough highways.
When you land give me a call on my cell; 416-606-5942, I may be able to come out for a quick beer and a handshake, if the phone is turned off it means I've got an early one Wednesday, I'll do what I can with my schedule, I'd like to meet you, and the rest of the team for that matter.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trevor,

Nothing set in concrete...yet. Our thoughts were to grab a cheap hotel close to the airport. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I will add your number to my phone and try calling when we arrive. If we can catch up....that would be cool. Bt it is what it is...we will see how it all pans out. No worries if we miss each other. Thanks in advancefor all your help!
Old 11-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

Just checking in, way to go Trex. Sorry I couldn't contribute anything for the first Pa. archery season, still have rifle and late archery. I'm going gun hunting a couple of days at deer camp so you'll have to excuse me if I tag out during rifle season.

I hunted hard the last week of archery and saw only doe, turkey and one small 6 point. I think the rut started late in my area. The 6 was not in bow range but I've seen him the last couple of days eating apples from the tree by my front door.

It's actually snowing today so maybe I'll see a nice bear tomorrow. Bear opens tomorrow and I'm fortunate to live in one of the better counties for bear, so I'll be off to camp tomorrow to join two other guys. Last yearI went by myself and I swear I had the entire 2800 acres to myself. Our camp is ~500 acres but is bordered by 2300 acres of sgl. In hindsight it probably one of my better ideas to go alone but I got some nice time in the woods doing some still hunting and scouting. Good luck to everyone and a happy Thanksgiving to my US members and Trevor hope you had a good Thanksgiving back in Oct.

Quick Reply: 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.