HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread
Old 11-18-2007, 10:14 AM
pa257
Fork Horn

Default RE: 22 - Official Team The Timber Rattlers Thread

Just checking in, way to go Trex. Sorry I couldn't contribute anything for the first Pa. archery season, still have rifle and late archery. I'm going gun hunting a couple of days at deer camp so you'll have to excuse me if I tag out during rifle season.

I hunted hard the last week of archery and saw only doe, turkey and one small 6 point. I think the rut started late in my area. The 6 was not in bow range but I've seen him the last couple of days eating apples from the tree by my front door.

It's actually snowing today so maybe I'll see a nice bear tomorrow. Bear opens tomorrow and I'm fortunate to live in one of the better counties for bear, so I'll be off to camp tomorrow to join two other guys. Last yearI went by myself and I swear I had the entire 2800 acres to myself. Our camp is ~500 acres but is bordered by 2300 acres of sgl. In hindsight it probably one of my better ideas to go alone but I got some nice time in the woods doing some still hunting and scouting. Good luck to everyone and a happy Thanksgiving to my US members and Trevor hope you had a good Thanksgiving back in Oct.