Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 9-Official The Dream Team Thread >

9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 9-Official Team Thread

well for some reason cant get the pic from canada to pop up. caught 250 game fish in 2 1/2 days between 3 of us. prob 50 fish 4lbs or better mostly pigs and some real nice smallmouths over 19 inches. had a largemouth only 17 1/2 long but 16 3/4 around a real slob of a bass. anyone got the fishing out of me now and time to get ready 10 days till im in the woods
Old 09-06-2007, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whacker,

With results like that you and your gang should join the Bassmaster's tour . It sounds like you guys had a great time. I hope bow season goes even better for you...[8D]
Old 09-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

I've got 2 more treestands in place, and will be checking the trailcams this week. I also hope to get out and do some scouting this evening. I hope you are all doing well, and getting ready for a great season!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

~~S~~

Hey all back from Co. and no meat for the freezer but 10 days of nothing but running in the mountains chasing elk it was great! The weather was warm and wet the 2 worst things you can have, the elk were totaly nocturnal but still had great time, being in the high country this time of year is awsome everyone should go at least once.

When I got home went looking for deer sing and put up some cams hope to have some pics of a couple of 150 ish deer I was chasing last year seen them in the bean field the first few weeks of July.

Cant wait to see who scores for us first. Im picky what I shoot I try not to shoot anything under 3 1/2 or around 140ish ( I have week moments thoe Im a suker for a wide thin horned buck ) .

Well good luck all
Shane
Old 09-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey all,

I am heading back to Colorado in the morning, hopefully the "Puffers" left a bull on the mountain for me . I will talk to you all when I return in a couple of weeks.

Justhuntitall, I know how you feel. It IS great just being there, maybe next year eh.... Now get prepared to grab a buck by the horns and get a picture of it for the rest of us.....

Woodline Bucks you continue to inspire us with your efforts keep up the good work.

Go DREAM TEAM!!!

Live the Dream; take one for the Team!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been gone a while since I couldnt get on this site ...... Been busy working, teaching some classes and doing my early evening exercise routine trying to get some weight off and get in better shape, my old job gave me lots of exercise but working at the bow shop for 2 years now dosent give me much exercise other than the upper body work out pulling bows..... but it has got me pulling 68 lbs now... I will be hunting with 60lbs where I feel most comfortable though.

We have all ours stands hung with the exception of one that we will hang this weekend

A few of us from Huntingnet.com got together last weekend for my last Bowfishing trip of the year and we had a Blast. We headed out on Clinton Lake around 9:30pm on Carpsniper and HNIChristines Boat and spent the night shooting Carp. We returned with a barrel full of carp and 4 tired shooters at 4:30am...... geese I stunk
Been seeing a couple of mature Shooter bucks in my hunting area's and spent a couple of mornings sitting in the woods before the sun came up to confirm they were morning Doe area's on the lands where I will be shooting a doe before Ishoot a buck........ and I was right on both of them, at oneafter sunrise I had 3 doe's with 2 fawns come ridht by me... and the other I am not required to shoot a doe first butI like to take a doe opening weekand I had 4 does within 24 yards of me and twin fawns. The 3rd property I usually take a doe opening week for the last 3 years and hope to keep that on a roll
Come on October I am ready!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

it all starts for me tommorow. It will be a rough night of sleep with anticipations of finally being back in the woods
Old 09-14-2007, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

I have the stands in place, and I can't believe the sign that I am seeing. I have found two different areas with huge rubs! I have never seen this much sign, this early, in these areas. They are destroying trees and scraping the ground already. I put out stands ina few different areas than normal, just to adjust to the sign. I am trying to think outside of the box, and get a good look at these fellas early on in the season. I hung a stand that had a flock of turkeys walk under it after I got 100 yards away. Hopefully I can get a shot at one of them as well. It sounds like this team is getting fired up. Good luck tomorrow whacker, let us know how it goes. Good luck and good shooting!
Old 09-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

so I got out tonight for about 6 hours. About 5 oclock or so I see something headed my way out of the standing water swamp. it is a small spotted fawn, i sit and watch it for about 20 minutes until it heads 8 yards away from on its way toward the cornfield about 100 yards away. about the time I settle back down in my chair i see more movement from the same direction the fawn came. here comes to large toms, one with a beard that looked to be a foot really something special. nothing else till about 5 minutes to 7. here comes a line of deer toward me. all does. in MD you can kill 2 bucks with the bow but you must kill 2 does before you can kill a second buck. so i get situated. the lead doe stops at 24 paces. i draw and let it go. oh no!!!!! i hear a knock right before the arrow hits the doe. It hit a branch right before impact. I hunt a swamp edge that is only huntable from the ground and you must pick your spots at that. the does jumped and ran about 45 yards and stood there. the other 4 deer that were with it ran back to the swamp. the deer that i shot must have followed them. my fletching had only minimal blood at semi dark at that, makes me believe that after the arrow bounced off the branch it must have struck the deer in the liver. a blood trail was almost non existant.darkness got the best of me and i would need hip boots to head into the swamp. I am upset about this . I dont like to waste animals and feel that even if i can find it tomm morning that the meat will already be ruined because of the temp right now. I feel awful about this but idont know what I could have done differently. When i took the shot i believed it to be an ethical one and never saw the branch it must of hit. this is not how i hoped to start my season off!
Old 09-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

Did you find her this morning whacker? It sounds like you had an active evening. Good luck retrieving her, and good luck the rest of this season.

Quick Reply: 9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.