Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 9-Official The Dream Team Thread >

9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 9-Official Team Thread

joejoepeck;
I am sorry to inform you...but.... I do believe that you didnt check in to the team in time... I believe the Moderators have already filled your spot on our team with another member.
Have a great hunting season Joe
Old 08-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

hey everyone Im headed to Canada this evening after work for a week of fishing before the season starts. I wont have access up there so Ill talk to everyone next week. only 11 days for me whenI get back
Old 08-29-2007, 01:24 PM

sept 29 here in ohio! cant wait, my sons 2nd birthday the day beforeand i get maried 3 weeks before that, i also start my new job next tuesday.

this is going to be a good next month.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

Hey everyone! Just checking back in. I have the broadheads sighted in, and am ready to go. I am going to put the trail cameras back out again this weekend, and we will see what happens. 30 days remain until the opener.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Greetings tomy DREAM TEAM brethren and sister huntress....

I am back from chasing elk...nope, I didn't bring anything home other than a bunch of tired oldbones (me). I had a chance and blew it (ever shot UP a mountain side in low light?). I had two other close encounters one, a nice bull at 27 yards but no shot presented itself before the swirling wind betrayed my presence and another where the bull was broadside but was behind brush and limbs while in range. I will try it again in a couple of weeks hopefully hitting the rut after muzzleloader season but that is a story for another day...Now to business at hand.

First a big welcome from meto our newest member Double 150!!! Derek, we arethrilled that you joined us and looking at the picture of the deer in your avatar I can't wait to see what you take down this season.

justhuntitall, I anxiously a wait your return from CO. and hope you bring home some of that sweet Wapaiti meat along with a few stories and pics! Then to add to your already great season, top it off by taking down one of those Illinois "pigs"!

Ryan, how do I get your handy work to show up on an avatar for me? Love your work. If you are as creative in your hunting as you are on here you will have no problem bringinghome some "horns". How are things after all of the high water issues?

Woodline Bucks, it sounds like you have things well in hand. There is one of those fine Iowa bucks with your name on it that you deserve after putting in all of this hard work two months before the rut even starts. Judging by what I have seen you arrow in the past, you won't have any problem bringing home some "horns"... Keepinspiring us with all of thegood work!

in da woods, Wisconsin is a great State. My Mother was born thereand I killed a decent buck there years ago. Your preparation will serve you well. I can't wait to see you take down that "Urban Legend" and add him to the tally for the Dream Team! Then perhaps the Dream Team will be the new urban legend ...

Tribal, youbeing on a championship team from the past is a big plus for us. I remember your contributions to your teams and I salute you for you efforts and skills. It will be exciting to see what ends up on the business end of your arrow this year!

Joe832002, holy buckets Batman, September IS a HUGE month for you! Let's see, a new job, a new wife, and your boy's second birthday??!! Yes you will have to spend much time in the woods just to get some rest ! Might as well add one of those Ohio Wallhangers to your list ! Good luck my esteemed teammate, we all wish you well.

Whacker, did you and your friends ever pick up that lease? I hope you had a great time on your fishing trip; any pics? I know there are good numbers of deer in some areas of Maryland but also a lot of pressure. I hope you can get that lease which will enable you to hunt like you want to and bring home some "horns"!

Lady Forge, even if you shot a buck literallyhalf the size of the one you got last year it would be better than most "guys" get. Just so you don't feel any pressure, () we want you to know we realize the size of the buck you killed last year doesn't just mosey down the trail to your standeveryday. That said, this isn't your first rodeo, your credentials speak for themselvesand I can't wait to see what you take down this year [8D]!!!

I will have approximately a two week window where I will be busy putting up stands and making preparations for the up comingseason (10/1). Usually things won't heat up until the rutting activity starts, but you never know. The biggest deer I ever drew down on walked by me on an Oct. 7th evening immediately following a torrential down pour a few years back. But that is a story for another day....

Guys and Gal, live the Dream, take one for the Team!!!

Later........
Old 09-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

It sounds as though you had a good time Antler Eater. I am sure you will bring one home the next time. I am just checking in to see what everyone is up to, and bumping us back to the top of the page where we belong.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

13 days to go!
Old 09-03-2007, 10:40 AM

went out last night scoutn' an old rub line from last yr, nothing yet. watched the adjacent field, cut alfalfa, but nothing showed up. Just acquired bow rights to a buudy's land, that I'm helping him set up stands on. He said there's a big boy there. The neighbors told him about it, & he saw it 4 the first time last week. I'll have to ask if it's alright if I can shoot him, if I C him. Season starts in a week & half, startn' to get the giggles. Doesn't help watchn the VS channel & it's a hunt'n marathon today. I'm hoping to get out this week to that 600 acre property this week. That's a couple of hrs from me, so i won't be hitting it hard. Have a week long bow trip up to Black River falls in Nov. Look'n foward to getting out there. Antlereater, too bad about those bulls, but at least u seen something. Talk 2 you all soon.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

here are a few pics from canada
Old 09-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

Hey y'all. Glad to be on the Dream Team and can't wait to get out there and start chasing some whitetails. Opener is 10 days away.

Yeah, I'll be happy to take another like the one in my avatar.I don't know if there's anyhis size inmy area this year. A buddy of mine that owns a neighboring farmof my dad's farmcaught a 130-140" 11 point on his trail cam last week. I own a 40 acre track a few miles from there and we found the shedsof a 140-145" 9-point there as well. I should get an opportunity or two at something nice this year. We'll see.

Talk to y'all soon.

Derek

Quick Reply: 9-Official The Dream Team Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.