Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Mike,
Congratulations to your son. Two bucks!!! In PA there are bucks like that. Never get a rack. Bad genetics I guess.

Well, I shot a doe on Monday at dark. Went back the next day to retrieve her and when I gutted her she stunk. Hung her up for 2 days and when I cut into one of the back legs the meat was brown and *****. She was limping when I shot her but couldn't find any injuries on her. Had to throw the deer away and am not happy about that.

I have January left to hunt archery and I believe X-mas time too.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: badger109

I would like to thank Al Harris, Atari bigsby, Jared Bush, some zebras, and most of all Mike McCarthy.

I hate it when they call game changing penalties and they can't even review them.
I hear that! I don't have the NFL network so I was watching it on NFL.com streaming video. I couldn't believe some of the calls. I thought the Pac did a good job, with3 injuries going into the game and Rogers having to step in for Favre.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Typical Buck

Dave, sorry about your doe. What that with a gun or bow?
Old 11-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was with a gun. I walked right by it twice that night with my small flashlight. People always say you should carry a lantern or spot light in your vehicle or camp and I learned from that. I was hunting a marsh and you have to jump ditches and cross some rickety bridges to get across some of the distches. Didn't feel like doing that in the dark.

It was cold enough that night that the deer should not have spoiled from sitting out over night.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

That is strange that the meat spoiled so quickly.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

its not that the meat spoiled, it was probably wounded and infected or something. That's why I dont want to shoot a the huge doe that has already been shot.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: badger109

its not that the meat spoiled, it was probably wounded and infected or something. That's why I dont want to shoot a the huge doe that has already been shot.
Makes sense. Anyone hunt this morning?
Old 12-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did. See my post about buck grunts in the bowhunting forum. Weird. I wish I could have seen him at least. Didn't see any this evening either. Will hit it next week a couple mornings probably. Hopefully he'll come back around!

Dave, sorry to hear about your doe. I have had that happen before...it ain't worth getting sick over, that is for sure. Too many deer out there for that.

Come on guys...we gotta at least get one on the board... who is still hunting? I have another month, but it gets slim pickens this time of year. Our gun season is 8 weeks long, an they are steady booming
Old 12-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didnt hunt this morning, but did the afternoon hunt. i seen 7 all does expect for one 4 point witch i passed on.
The snow is really been piling up here all week and now anthor winter storm for tonight, the deer that came in were almost up to there bellys in snow its getting deep up in this neck of the woods.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

you probably get all that lake effect snow. I know theres not too much snow at our cabin in three lakes. We got some here though.

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.