Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

I did. See my post about buck grunts in the bowhunting forum. Weird. I wish I could have seen him at least. Didn't see any this evening either. Will hit it next week a couple mornings probably. Hopefully he'll come back around!

Dave, sorry to hear about your doe. I have had that happen before...it ain't worth getting sick over, that is for sure. Too many deer out there for that.

Come on guys...we gotta at least get one on the board... who is still hunting? I have another month, but it gets slim pickens this time of year. Our gun season is 8 weeks long, an they are steady booming
I just read your thread on grunting. Do you think it was a series of buck roars? That must have been excited, you never know where it will happen, it could have just as easily been at the stand you where in. I will be getting out in late Dec again with the bow once my wife's finals are over.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I havn't posted lately.Congratulations to Mike and his son! Great toshare that with your son I bet! I have not hunted much since returning from Idaho on 11/20,I have been catching up with family and work.I have hunted two half days,yesterday and Saturday both with rifle.I saw one deer Saturday morning and none yesterday afternoon.Our deer herd numbers are down dramatically,I am hesitant to fill doe tags because I am seeing so few deer where I normally see plenty.
For the balance of the season which represents two more weekends for me I will be hunting with archery equipment.I like my chances better in my archery stands than I do hunting high in the mountains with the rifle.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

Scot we have seen so few deer this year also for rifle as compared to last year. We have had really high winds which has kept them on alert. Also, we had a lot of rain this year so the wild grass was really high for camp so it was hard to see them as well.Rifle is overhere except for 2 doe only weekends the last 2 weeks of Dec. I'm going to take my 10 year old daughter on 12/22 which will be her first time going with me on a gun hunt, then on 12/29 I'm going to try to get a buck with the bow. It's the last weekend for bucks.

Glad to see your getting the bow back out, we've got to get some bucks on the board.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out yesterday for the afternoon huntand sat in my homemade ground blind,i seen 16 doe's and not a one buck, our buck to doe ratio is way out of wack. i sure hope they go back to the one buck law again, it wont fix the issue but it sure cant hurt. i wont be out again till the weekend, pretty soon ill be taking a doe for meat, maybe this weekend if i see a big fatty. Good luck guys!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fun2hunt

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

I did. See my post about buck grunts in the bowhunting forum. Weird. I wish I could have seen him at least. Didn't see any this evening either. Will hit it next week a couple mornings probably. Hopefully he'll come back around!

Dave, sorry to hear about your doe. I have had that happen before...it ain't worth getting sick over, that is for sure. Too many deer out there for that.

Come on guys...we gotta at least get one on the board... who is still hunting? I have another month, but it gets slim pickens this time of year. Our gun season is 8 weeks long, an they are steady booming
I just read your thread on grunting. Do you think it was a series of buck roars? That must have been excited, you never know where it will happen, it could have just as easily been at the stand you where in. I will be getting out in late Dec again with the bow once my wife's finals are over.
It had my heart pumping for sure. It was one of the weirdest things I've ever heard in the woods. They were definitely grunts, just very long. So close, yet so far. I would love to have at least seen him....to know what was making those grunts. At least I know he's around, but my luck he's a forkhorn or something. LOL

Good luck guys...trying to get out some more this week, hopefully.

-Mike
Old 12-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

Its t-zone doe only this weekend so no buck for me. Maybe some geese though. this week there has been geese in the field and river every day.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

Did you get a doe?

We had a big ice storm hit here last night. Trees are down in our neighborhood and power is out in alot of places. We are blessed to still have power. My wife and kids schools are closed today too.I'll post some pictures later.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys.... I was out last Thurs & Friday evenings...got blanked. I was siked after we got 3" of snow .... I just knew I was gonna be on em. Of course there was tracks all around my stand...LOL

Anyone still hunting? I will try again this week hopefully...I'll be happy to just see some deer at this point.

-Mike

Old 12-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

lets make a late season comeback!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been in Miami all week for work. I could never live here with the way people drive. The female population is the only good thing going for this place. I think the deer are about 2 feet tall at the top fo the ears down here too.

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.