Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Not a lot to report.I have attempted to post I believe three times previously and it hasn't happened so I said the heck with it.I have one month and one day to go before I can hunt so I still have a ways to go.It has gotten a little cooler and it seems like the bucks are starting to move.I stopped to see a contractor who is a client of mine and he had told me about two bucks he has seen next to our home that I havn't seen.A four pointer and a six pointer,I have no interest in them other then their survival.I went to two barbecues this past weekend ANd was being told about all kinds of big buck sightings around the area I live and I was like jjez,I travel our roads as much as anyone why aren't I seeing these animals.
I will set a couple of more stands this weekend.Hopefully will start to get bucks on the trail cams.
Good luck to Dave and anyone else who will be out there shortly!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes I think it's better not to see nice deer until you are in the woods. I had never saw the buck that I wrote about earlier until the day I choked on him.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys

Finally able to get back in...not sure what was up with that.

Anyhow, scrolling though reading the thread. Nice pic of the bear...I see 1 or 2 of them every year in WV at our farm. Have not killed one, I never see them during the actual archery bear season..except one dink one time a few years ago that no way was I gonna take him. Had 2 within 15 yds of me last year during gun season while I was still hunting.Decent sized 250 - 300ish--that is always fun. I have seen a few 400 plus, awesome. Saw one that scared me a few years back....HUGE. Saw one yesterday dead on the road in the median....not too big.

Deer...I've killed probably about 60 or so in 20 yrs of hunting. Around 30 with a bow...about the same with a gun.I can't even count how many I have passed up. The past 9yrs, I am very selective of what I shoot...mostly all does. Don't shoot bucks anymore, unless they are a trophy (to me). Never taken a real big one ever....gun or bow. They just don't get that big where I hunt unfortunately--but I still won't shoot a dink--taken enough of them early on. I enjoy bow hunting more than anything...but still gun and muzzleloader hunt some too. My main goal now is hunting with my son when I can. He's 9. I've been taking him since he was real little, he loves it. He got his first deer last year....a nice doe. .243, dropped her like a brick about 30yds away. He was soooo pumped, and I think I was even more excited for him. In VA & WV kids can hunt, no age limit. He did great for an 8yr old. Shot her offhand due to where they came in on us...hit right behind the shoulder. Looking forward to this year...his goal is a spike! Exactly what a first buck should be My daughter is 6...she's been going with me a couple years now too....she likes it as well. She was asking me today, when the season started and if we could go in "That big stand we went last year" LOL. Looking forward to it.

Dave...good luck, hopefully you'll get us on the board. I was out shooting this evening...and with my beat up practice arrowsI still shot a 4" group at 35...can't complain, especially since I haven't shot much this summer since I've been so busy. Starting to get the itch.

Mathewsboy...LOL...you ain't going no where. We gotta have at least one poet on the team [8D]

-Mike
Old 09-13-2007, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike,

Good to hear from you again and thank you. That's great that both your kids like to hunt. I think a .243 or 6MM is a perfect starter rifle. Congrats on his first deer. Is he interested in archery?

Heck, my brother still uses his Remington Model 788 .243 after 23 yrs and gets deer every year.I made the mistake of choosing a .35 cal Marlin 336 for my starter rifle and it kicked the snot out of me when I was young. My dad says he shouldn't have let me choose what i wanted and got me a smaller caliber.

Two days left. Woke-up at 4AM again raring to go. Shot my last 3D of the season and was drilling everything out to 40 yds pretty much right where I was aiming. I have a focus problem shooting practice and sometimes look at the whole target instead of my spot. Temp in the low 60's this morning.

Weather for this Sat:
AM: 62 w/ showers wind NNW @ 20 mph (New raingear gets tested)
Day: 72
PM: 50

The area I'll be in is pretty dense. So, hopefully the wind will not blow me around too much. I think deer are skittish sometimes when it's like that too.

If I get anything I'll post it here before sending it to Rob. I've decided that I'll shoot a doe in the afternoon if no buck shows up in the AM.I need to get my nerves settled down.

I'm hoping the login issue is corrected soon. Clearing out your history and cookies is supposed to fix it. However, from friends i know it doesn't.I had to create a new favorites link too.

If Brad doesn't want to be part of the greatest team in the history of HNI and soon to be champs we can leave him off of our championship banner and trophy.We probably should dock him pay too for causing trouble in the ranks.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:35 AM

Hey Mathewsboy you guys picked the right name,cause arrows are pretty quiet when they are still on the string!!!!!!lmao!!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

A quiet arrow is a deadly arrow. We're like ghosts in the woods and our arrows all fly true and cut through the air like a breeze.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

I think we are the sleeper team that surprises everybody. I think we are going to do very well and I'm not just saying that. Get everything ready guys, make your lists so when the moment of truth comes we are ready. I'm speaking to myself to. I bought my second release last night I'm going to keep in my pocket in case I drop one from the stand...I use a thumb release.

Brad, you'll want to stick around.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

dang it timed out, now i have to retype that all again...will post again later
Old 09-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

Finner sometimes when that happens to me I hit refresh immediately and its still posts. Not always (about half the time)but its worth a try.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Two more bucks have been entered in the competition. Both over 135".

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.