Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

That's a nice place you have and real nice bucks Brad.

Looks like every one is getting pumped and finding deer. I'm going to place a few stands this weekend and look over some property I might be able to hunt this fall.

Jeff,

That's quiet a streak you have going.I hope it continues.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

I think I got a pic handy. First buck bowhunting/first year bowhunting.

It was over 100" minus deductions. Not the best pic. A nice first bow buck though. Its a 10 pointer.

I can't say how my muzzy held up. I couldn't find it. I didn't have a clean passthrough, I think the broadhead was buried in the shoulder. I couldn't find it and the butcher (it was too hot and we didn't have time to do it ourselves) never said he found it. It was a good shot nonetheless. The arrow broke into multiple pieces. There was a section broke off through the heart and pieces in the lungs.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a nice buck Jarrod. Ten of those and we are set.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

This year I'd pass him up early in the season.

MOR is finally gone. THey held out on my cable for a long time. I was wondering how they still broadcast even though they are bankrupt and out of business.

What did youall die or something :P

Old 08-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seems like we have a GOOD team.. Good Chance of all of shooting some NICE bucks... Team work will win this thing... 6 or 7 GOOD bucks could win it..
Old 08-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Imma gonna get a good buck, dont you worry.

Does someone have TAP or onTarget or something that they could check my arrows someday? I just shoot some cheap old CX eliminators 250. Time for new arrows I guess. (ANd a new bow) i just wanna check to see if the spine is ballpark. Or even if ontarget knows anything about the arrows (gpi, straightness, +/- g) I got them a few years ago just by the chart but I only really shot them last year. I cant use the ontarget trial; it wont work in my computer ( My ms office took a dump and I guess it uses excel somehow or something)

just curious if I could shoot 125g bh or If i would have to lighten up a little.

btw Im only 16 if anyone hadnt figured it out yet.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jarrod,

I need your bow info, year, make model, draw length and draw weight.
If you had a weighed arrow chrono'd at a known draw weight I can be more accurate. However, I've found that if I drop 10 fps off the IBO I'm probably not that far off.

The eliminators are still in the OT2 data base.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

2004 reflex excursion
295 IBO
29" 60#
100g tips on Eliminator 250's 30" from groove in nock to insert. ~375 I think

I could use a chrono if necessary when I get my string (why isn't it here yet)

It ain't the best bow, but its what I could afford three years ago. I like it. It shoots great and kills deer.

Edit: Anything else? BH 8.37; a2a 34.5, umm I got string leeches, tru peep, I might use one of those plastic speed noks and/or a string loop.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Iused to kill deer with a Bear Whitetail Legend. Even though technology wise it's no match for tody's bow it's still a nice bow. I pulled it out a few months ago and set it up for a friend of mine and in 5 minutes he was hitting within a few inches of the center and he's never shot a bow before. So, you don't need a $700 mack daddy bow to kill deer. just a bow that is set-up right and lots of practice.

I'll try ot run the numbers when I get home tonight and before I take off to my brother's place for the weekend. I'd be surprised if the 125 gr tips do not work with that set-up.

The only thing that may be an issue is the length of the arrow. Us guys with longer draw lengths always seem to be right in the middle of 2 different spine weights. I still think it might work though. What you may have to do to go to 125's is cut some length off thearrow if your rest will support that.

What does FTW mean by the way?
Old 08-30-2007, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I need to catch up with you guys a little bit.Brad beautiful room and very nice bucks on the wall! Jarrod that's a nice buck you killed last year,In my home area that would be considered a very nice deer.
I killed an eight pointer last year that was a 2.5 year old,decent buck for my parts.I don't have photo's,that is an area where I am looking to improve.Taking pictures and becoming proficient on getting them on the computer.

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.