Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 43- Official Team Chaos Thread >

43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: 43- Official Team Chaos Thread

I hope you're up for a little reading, Shed!

Nothing's ever easy for me, it seems!

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2327823
Old 09-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: shed33

Gary,

Thanks.. I dont beat myself up hunting alone like I do when I have a friend along and he doesnt tag out.. I do wish Hias hunt wouldnt have been cut short though..a guy really needs about 7-9 days out here...
I know, but I did put this KY hunt together and we all still have are tags[:@] I wish one of us would have scored
Old 09-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dang Troy, you and Hia certainly gave it the effort. Just goes to show how difficult them things can be. Don't beat yourself up over it, you guys had tremendous action. I know it's on the doorstep of the start of whitetail season here...but is it sept '08 yet?

Good luck out there with the whitetails.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Troy,

Sorry to hear about the kill-less hunting, but it sounds like you guys gave it your all and were in a whole lot
of action. Since I've never experienced anything like that, it was exciting to read even without the kills!

It is hard not to get disappointed when you invite people and want to bring it home. I host a
friendly deer hunt for the last 2 years for a weekend and both years no one killed. Of course,
the weather absolutely sucked, these guys don't know anything about hunting, one just
wants to watch wildlife, and the other passed on a doe b/c he wanted to "kill a buck." But we
have a good time anyway.

Good luck with the whitetails.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, just read your entire thread.. wow, definately not aneasy ordeal, glad you stayed right after her....I posted over there.. I am really happy for you!

Ryan, more action than we had when you guys came out..more herd bulls than I have seen in 4 days in a long time...thebulls overallacted a little different on this years hunt.. most of the younger bulls this year had at least a cow or two..so they acted like herd bulls even though they would normally be loner satellites...
Old 09-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks guys, jeff, will, ryan, gary...I am ready to go whitetail hunting this evening.. change of pace..

good luck to everyone hunting today..I am off work and out of here..
Old 09-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW, Troy what a great few days of hunting that was. Even tho you didn't kill one, it still had to be fun out there.

Three of the guys I went with to New Mexico 2 years ago want to go back next year, on our own. They have hunted the same area 3 or 4 times with guides. The price of a guided hunt is really getting steep, so they think we should try it on our own. It was all public land where we hunted, and we only saw 2 other hunters when I was there. The units we hunt are pretty rugged and the locals hunt the easier ground. Might have to try it again. Gotta see how things are going around here when it comes time to apply for tags.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

checking in.. poor wind last night so I changed plans and took my sons elk hunting ..we hiked a good bit up behind the place and sit and called till dark, we didnt get anything to respond or come by.. Fun night with the boys though.. I'll be back afterwhitetails tonight.

John, thats kinda of how it is here... most locals hunt the lower ground or their private land.. any time I get up high, I dont see many folks ever..we did get in the elk daily....and after talking to a few locals, all Hia and I heard was that the elk werent even talking to them.. only 7 bulls total were checked in up the river which really suprised me.. Sounds like you guys have a nice spot in NM..you killed your bull in there right?
Old 09-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, Northern NM around the Taos area is where we hunted. We saw quite a few the year I went. I didn't go last year, but they killed 2 small bulls and a bear.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

who's hunting tonight?

Quick Reply: 43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.