Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 43- Official Team Chaos Thread >

43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Does dreaming count, LOL
Old 09-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Great stories & videos guys!! Just thought I would check in on you guys and see whats going on in you neck of the woods. Looks as if everyone will be hunting real soon. I been out with the kids for youth season here. We took one of the neighbor kids the other night and he got his first deer with my sons muzzleloader. It was a little 7 pointer. What a fun night!! I got some pics and video I am going to try to get them up. I get a kick just watching them having so much fun. I was so happy for him and my son was a trooper I was so proud of him that night, he was like a little guide talking his buddy through every step. It was alot of work for me though. My other half is in Canada this week hunting, so I had to get it hung and put away I was to worried about the cape and the meat, it has been real hot here! Then the next morning my son shot or shot at a nice buck with his muzzleloader. Yea, I feel sick its a little my fault, I could not see the shot placement on the buck. I know that the smoke is real heavy after the shot so I will USUALLY sit a little bit away from him when he takes his shot. This time I decided to sit in a new spot and we were side by side. And I USUALLY have the binoculars on the animal when he takes that shot, but I had the video camera in my hand instead. (and I was not focused on the buck at the time) I am so sick I keep going over and over it in my mind. We could not find any blood at all, thats the bad thing with the muzzleloader. When it comes to shot and shot placement he is on about 98% of the time. He shot it before the season and he was dead on at 100 yards. I took out later that day and had him shoot it at 80 yards, just to see if it was off mabey something had happend to the scope but it was dead on. I have combed the woods with family and freinds but nothing. It is so bad that I have been out there just to see if I could hear the crows or see something flying around feeding on him. I guess that is hunting and I will learn from that one!!! We will keep looking until I find him or see him again!!! I could go on and on about it but I am going to make this long storie short. I cant wait until bow season gets here not much longer!! I have not seen alot of the big boys yet seeing lots of does and little bucks. A front is move through and it is suppose to be a little cooler mabey that will help get them moving more. STAY SAFE & GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good to hear from you HL

If no bllod was found my guess is he missed, tell him to keep his head up!!
Old 09-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like yas made a big effort to find it. I agree with Germ...
Old 09-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

I have a chance to go hunt in Missouri. When do you guys feel would be a good time in Oct to head over there?
Old 09-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arrowmaster

I have a chance to go hunt in Missouri. When do you guys feel would be a good time in Oct to head over there?
The last week would be the best for buck movement. Unless the weather really messes things up. But I am sure a few bucks will be moving around checking for hot does the last week of Oct. If you can go a week later that would probably be even better. But that would be good for you at home too I recon.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

It's finally cooling down over here ! Upper 70s, low 50s overnight. Can't get out til Friday though
Old 09-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well stop riding that bike with your good lookin wife thanand get hunting
Old 09-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

HL, i'd have to agree with the other guys, sounds like a clean miss. Best of luck the rest of this season with you and yours.

last night, I got really close to the stretch buck.. he was bedded about 100 yards from where I set up on the ground. I had no Idea he was that close.. Till he stood up right before dark and started mingling around...he worked to within about 60 yards of my natural ground blind.. then it got dark, I tried grunting to him but he didnt take any interest in it...I waited till he moved around the ridge feeding and snuck out the back door.. he looks really good up close in hard horn..

Back after him tonight if the windworks right..

Troy
Old 09-26-2007, 09:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Man I hate reading your hunting tales at work

Quick Reply: 43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.