Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 43- Official Team Chaos Thread >

43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Germ,

I guess I could learn something else from you - being aggressive.

I don't see why that wouldn't work = high, lots of branches to break up your outline. Good wind and
him trailing a doe you should be in business. As you know, it's all about the movement. Of course
there is that unfortunate part called drawing the bow and watching out for those does we sometimes
fail to give credit too. [8D]
I second John on Fall Grey - I know you've got some since your a camo freak.

Good idea on bringing in the truck. Sounds like good strategy - I read a guy that would only move
around on his land on a tractor. I had a great spot (tons of sign) and without telling me
my dad went in there and put a game cam and messed around in it. Didn't know till I went on my
new climber. Surprise, surprise, it has shut it down.

You MI guys still liking Lesticles? I'm not a fair weather turncoat fan and still hope we keep him,
but losing to 2 inferior teams in triple overtime kinda hurts. [:@]
The three best conferences this year (SEC, Pac-10 and ACC) probably won't be in the big game,
this NC stuff is a crapshoot - WV who would've thought.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes Les is perfect for MI

We love losing those games, where do you think he learned it
I have wanted to hunt there for awhile. With the wheat and CRP it should be good. The pressure has been down for gun season this year. I may get lucky

LB

Keep at it, be patent. I learned the hardway myself. I had my share of bad shots in the begging. I missed a booner when I was 15, shot a damn bush, I never saw it. When I was 18 I shot 3 deer in the shoulder, lost all three right in a row. That day I vowed to take the best shot I could. 56/53 all with a bow. I can tell you 2 of those three died, my tracking skills were not so good back than. I have learneed the hardway, but it has made me better. It will for you too!!!

Now go shoot one
Old 11-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Guys, checking in here after 6 long cold days of huntin', videoing, but no kills to report. Got the flu Thankgiving evening puked it out by the next day... hunted that evening..

Nice temps out here, 15-25 every day all day. I saw several little bucks and one dandy last night 1 hour before dark following a doe. Big 5x5... 140+ typical ....nothing even remotely close to bow range except for one small 4x4 trailing a doe..

My brother saw the two Giants, (160 plus bucks both 2 feet wide)I put him in my best spots.. He didnt get a shot. He was rifle hunting. He finally saw the buck I call ole Grey, I was stoked to know he is still alive! Rob said hes the biggest buck he's seen in years.. Huge frame.. 300 lbs on the hoof. Right were I filmed him two seasons ago.. I'll get to hunt that area at least once this week after work.

My wife didnt like the cold temps, too much, so I did a lot of bowhunting/filming myself with the camera arm.. I hope to get one on film before the season is over. It aint easy filming yourself.. but I am enjoying it.. Hunted all day every day but the day I puked all day..

Gary, sounds like your moving in on him! Good luck man, I hope you drill him.

Troy
Old 11-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I didn't do much hunting over the long weekend. Had a lot of family stuff to do. I plan on getting back in the woods some this weekend. I will be in MO this weekend. It is the second shotgun season in IL. I am hoping to fill one of my buck tags in MO, or might even take another big doe if that presents itself. We have way too many does around here. They give us unlimited tags.

Good luck to everyone still hunting and how about an update from those that haven't been heard from in a while. Let us know what's going on in your adventures.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am back at it Dec 1st, late season bow

And i am flinging and arrow this weekend
Old 11-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Gary....!

I am hating life right now.. snowed all night monday.. clear and cool today.. 14 degrees when I got up...I haveto ref a basketball game tonight! CHIT... I so wish I could hunt today.. be perfect for bucks out on the move and filming with the sun out..

Suppose to snow all night tonight again.. starting at 4pm.. I get to hunt Thurs/Fri/ evening and all of Sat.. then the season closes until Dec 10
Old 11-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

I tried to enter this deer(one in the middle), but I was shot down, Troy this was shot in NW Michigan

Old 11-28-2007, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gary,

Good Lord! thats a beast and that 4x on the right is a pig too! How old is that pic??? awesome Mich bucks!
Old 11-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Germ,

I think it is safe to say that if Miles does leave LSU it will only be for Michigan.
I also think Pelini is supposed to be going to Nebraska. While a great D coordinator, his last 2
games have been the worst calling of his career. It wasn't the offenses fault we lost 2 games,
which is rare to say as an LSU fan.

Ayway, great googlie mooglie (no cussing today ), that pic isn't photoshopped? That guy
in the back must be a midget! If not, those are cow-deer hybrids. What's the deal on the pic,
enquiring minds want to know.

Looks like I'm gonna give my local place a shot for a few hunts in this up and coming week (if the wife
doesn't kill me), as it is the rut for the next 10 days. Have one stand I will definitely use my bow on.

BTW, I repeat John's lament - where are you other guys? It doesn't hurt to check in every now
and then, even if its to say your only killing time!
Old 11-29-2007, 07:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

LB

Todays Headline in the paper
"Michigan can talk with Miles"

Hail to the Victors, BABY

Quick Reply: 43- Official Team Chaos Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.