Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

6 - Official Team SBD Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: 6 - Official Team 6 Thread

Mike....

Looks like you guys are having way too much fun!!I'm jealous, I really am. I always wanted to take a deer on film, I would even love to do the filming. That looks way fun, almost as much as doing the shooting.

Congrats on the doe BTW

After a disappointing trip down to the land in southern Illinois, I hunted up here this weekend and I've been seeing deer, bucks too. I saw a couple more this last hunt. Only one was in shooting range and he was about an 70-80in 8-point. I think I've seen him before. Still a little smaller than I want to shoot and I have yet to see any of the big fellas I saw while scouting...I hope they are still around. I still think they will show themselves pretty soon with the rut starting soon.

Knowing what IS in there keeps me from shooting the smaller ones. Not that I don't think they are shooters, they are and in the past I have shot deer that size and I'm sure in the future sometime I will again. It's just that I have my sights set on a couple of very mature deer that I saw while scouting.

That being said, it will be very hard not to pull the release trigger on a 100 +/- in deer if one shows his face.

Good luck all and Michael, please keep sharing the pics and even some video clips (if you can) I think that stuff is great!
Old 11-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys and BigJ,

If you havent aready, check out the website. Our new episode of HBTV is up featuring a couple of mine and Shawns hunts from last year!

Good luck to you all! The big boys areon their feet and vulnerable right now!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

Good News! We'll soon be adding another buck to the team total.

BTBowhunter killed a 134 5/8 buck on Monday evening.I got the call this morning and he asked me to announce it. He's gonna try and send me pix from his phone so I can post it for him. (He's on his Illinois lease and has no Internet until he gets home to PA in about two weeks) He killed this buck 3 minutes after killing a doe. Not a bad afternoon of hunting.

I hunted with him Sunday evening and passed up a shot op at a 2 year old, 110" class 8 pointer. Should have killed the old doe that busted me at 5 yards!

Good luck all!

Old 11-06-2007, 09:09 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Arnie

Tell Bob congrats from me if you get to talk to him before he leaves. Best of luck with your hunting also. I've got me two doe tags just for the does that bust me !!

Tim
Old 11-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats awesome! Keep at it guys!
Old 11-06-2007, 12:01 PM

Tell Bob I said congrats as well, I guess them old guys do know what they are talking about

Good luck to the rest of you who are still out there, I have been out chasing turkeys but those dang things just don't cooperate, hopefully that all changes this afternoon!
Old 11-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Turkeys!?!?! This is a DEER contest! ...leave our feathered friends alone and get after them whitetails!
Old 11-06-2007, 05:29 PM

Michael, I wish, I am tagged out, all I have now is turkey until Friday, and squirrels, rabbits, and pheasants for awhile till bear season opens up!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:52 PM

Oh thats right...you one tag states!

Good luck chasin the longbeards!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Woops, i meant to write that under my name...Shawn left his name signed on on my computer!

Quick Reply: 6 - Official Team SBD Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.