Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

6 - Official Team SBD Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: 6 - Official Team 6 Thread

ORIGINAL: LLBUX

Good News! We'll soon be adding another buck to the team total.

BTBowhunter killed a 134 5/8 buck on Monday evening.I got the call this morning and he asked me to announce it. He's gonna try and send me pix from his phone so I can post it for him. (He's on his Illinois lease and has no Internet until he gets home to PA in about two weeks) He killed this buck 3 minutes after killing a doe. Not a bad afternoon of hunting.

I hunted with him Sunday evening and passed up a shot op at a 2 year old, 110" class 8 pointer. Should have killed the old doe that busted me at 5 yards!

Good luck all!
Fantastic!!! Congrats BTBowhunter! Can't wait for the pics!
Old 11-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man whata morning. We put down two awesome bucks! Check out my thread coming soon in the bowhunting forum
Old 11-11-2007, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow, If I dont kill "rutter" tonight I'm quittin hunting forever. I've seen this buck 5 times between last night and this morning. he was in the wrong place, he hung out of range every time. I moved my stand there and now i'm confident that he's going down tonight. I saw 5 bucks today, 3 were 130+ shooters. lil button buck and a 6 made up the other two. I've never seen deer rutting this hard in my life. I have pictures of a tree behind my stand that is bent in half from the buck rubbing it so hard. craziest rub i've ever seen. I might post a picture if i decided to fire up the laptop and upload it.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I was out at 2 PM but when it started thundering at 3:30 after i sat in a downpour for the whole time i decided that being in a tree soakin wet with possible lightning wasnt the best idea[8D]Going to my other farm tomorrow, maby i'll try that riverbottom again on tuesday.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

Real slow for me this weekend. I visited BtBowhunter again on Saturday and between 7 of us in camp, we saw 2 does in the afternoon hunt.

Did not hunt Sunday. I have two friends staying this week and bowhunting a neighboring property. One of them stuck a buck yesterday afternoon, but they were unable to find him last night. Hopefully they'll get on him today.

No worries here, I have two more months of bowhunt ahead of me.

Good luck all-
Old 11-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big boy down. Someone else wanna come take pics with him so we can add him to the score?

Old 11-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mike, you are having some year bud! Congrats on another absolute stud. I can't wait to see the story on him.

And congrats to BTB, that's awesome.

My archery season pretty much ended a week from Saturday with day light savings time bringing darkness earlier and a family obligation on Saturday. I still have all of gun season which will find me out there with a bow in some spots, and all of late season so I'm still in the hunt (literally).
Old 11-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

Mike your killing me...GREAT BUCK MAN...I wish we had the number of quality buck's in NY..ist been a crazy wild 2 weeks..Ive seen lots of 1 1/2's this year.. I stuck a nice ten point November 3rd...
He got into a huge beaver swamp..ive been back many times looking for him..i'm sure the yotes have himeaton up by now.. I did not post about him..didnt feel like getin beatup..anyway still have the rest of the week..I will get it done..
Old 11-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Site Bouncer

I got out again this weekend and again I saw deer. Nothing I was willing to let an arrow go for, though one buck was tempting as he was right around a100in 8-point. I think the rut is just starting to get into full swing here.

I'm heading down south again for a couple days of bow hunting then the three day first Illinois gun season. Hopefully I can get a nice buck in range.

Good luck all.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

Well it has been a long and crazy Bow season for me this year..
As I stated in our team forum, I shot and lost a nice 10-point November 3rd..
I belive the shot was true.. but not true enough, as I could not find the deer..
He got into a large beaver swamp, neck deep water in some spots, but little islands everywhere.. I got a call from one of my duck hunting buddies today, and he believes he has found my deer. He said its in pretty bad shape…Yeap he was right.. I cut his head off.
He should make a good scull mount. Anyway im freaking pissed that I could not bring this score to our team…I have three more day’s to try and rack up something.. Here's a pic of him..[:@]

Quick Reply: 6 - Official Team SBD Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.