HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 6 - Official Team SBD Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 03:41 PM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: 6 - Official Team 6 Thread

Mike....

Looks like you guys are having way too much fun!!I'm jealous, I really am. I always wanted to take a deer on film, I would even love to do the filming. That looks way fun, almost as much as doing the shooting.

Congrats on the doe BTW

After a disappointing trip down to the land in southern Illinois, I hunted up here this weekend and I've been seeing deer, bucks too. I saw a couple more this last hunt. Only one was in shooting range and he was about an 70-80in 8-point. I think I've seen him before. Still a little smaller than I want to shoot and I have yet to see any of the big fellas I saw while scouting...I hope they are still around. I still think they will show themselves pretty soon with the rut starting soon.

Knowing what IS in there keeps me from shooting the smaller ones. Not that I don't think they are shooters, they are and in the past I have shot deer that size and I'm sure in the future sometime I will again. It's just that I have my sights set on a couple of very mature deer that I saw while scouting.

That being said, it will be very hard not to pull the release trigger on a 100 +/- in deer if one shows his face.

Good luck all and Michael, please keep sharing the pics and even some video clips (if you can) I think that stuff is great!