Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

6 - Official Team SBD Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 6 - Official Team 6 Thread

Go get um... Will be out in the PM also...stuck here @ work...come on November..
Old 10-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

(In a whispered voice) Well boys, I'm out here in the stand sending this from my phone. I've been here a little while now and haven't seen anything yet. Hopefully, with small game having been in here for about a week the deer will have shifted to a midday pattern. However, with the warm weather and nice cool breeze they probably feel like I do right now and just want to nap.

Well, here's to hoping a big boy gets on his feet for an afternoon snack.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck bud! Shawn and I had an eventful morning...didnt end in the way we wanted to, but they were on thier feet!
Old 10-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe I should have done a morning hunt, because midday and evening were a bust.

10/20 Report:

Midday hunt. The spot I went to has been very productive this season as a morning spot. I had some things to do in the morning and my buddy Karl has been bugging me to try it in the midday, so I did. I saw a bunch of squirrels and had a cool run in with a red tail hawk that was landing very close to me and calling out. There was a pretty fresh rub within 20 yards of my stand that showed up recently so the are still using the area. Hopefully I can find it's maker.

Evening hunt. I went again to the spot that I had mentioned before is a very good week day spot and a marginal at best weekend spot (especially when the weather is gorgeous for outdoor activity). As expected there were a lot of kids out on their motorcycles and quads and I didn't see a single deer. I did have one blow at me as I was leaving just for spite. I am bull penning this spot to weekdays only which will give me 2 more evenings to hunt it in regular archery season.

My spots have gone from red hot to ice cold over night with the acorns no longer dropping. I'm studying my maps and checking areas for fresh activity in the hopes of finding the patterns they've switched to. Although I don't want to burn too much energy changing things because in a week and a half things should really starting heating up with some chasing. Gotta keep at it.

Good luck to all.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK this is embarassing! I spent a long weekend at my camp in Tionesta PA with my son and a few buddies putting some doe meat in the freezer with our muzzleloaders. (we have an early "doe only" muzzy season) We got in late yesterday. While packing and getting things organized to leave for my lease in Brown County Il, I realized that I left my bow at camp

We were planningonheading out tomorrow afternoon. Now I have to drive 1 1/2 hours each way to get my bow before I leave.

DUH! This is gonna rank right up thereamong my biggest brain farts of all time!!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 12:22 AM

OLD AGE
Old 10-23-2007, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ouch!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

OLD AGE
OOOWWW!! That one's gonna leave a mark!

Just remember there Mr whippersnapper...... youthand skill are no match forold age and treachery!

Old 10-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Site Bouncer

Just checking in....Like I said, I didn't get to hunt last week but since most of the family functions and commitments are done, I will be spending more time in the woods starting this weekend. I'm heading south (Hardin County) in hopes of getting a shot at a nice buck. I haven't scouted this area much (only to set up stand locations) but I knowthe land pretty good as I've been hunting it now for over 13 years. While there aren't as many bruisers down there as there are up here (northern part of the state) I have killed some pretty nice bucks (mid 140's)they're just fewer and farther between. Sometimes it takes a few hunts and some last minute stand changes to get on them.

So we will see what comes of it. Hopefully I will connect, if not there is still plenty of time, heck the rut hasn't even started yet.

later guys.....
Old 10-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Typical Buck

Good Luck BigJ...The weather is starting to get cooler up here... I start my 3week Vacation OCT 30..
can't freaking wait...

Quick Reply: 6 - Official Team SBD Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.