Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

6 - Official Team SBD Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 6 - Official Team 6 Thread

Taking the kids out for the youth doe hunt this week and then off to Brown County Illinois next Monday or Tuesday. I'll be off the net for several weeks while I'm out there but will keep in touch with Arnie (LLBux) and keep him up to speed so he canbe my voice and eyes here while I'm net-less.

Got a couple more days to try and waylay the big boy in my honey hole her in PA but if not, I'll be after him in our late season. Thats when he seems to shrink his core area and thats when I've had my best sightings of him (and opportunitiesbut of course my buck tag was already burned)
Old 10-15-2007, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

Glad to be your voice BTBowhunter-

I had several deer around me this weekend but nothing I wanted to tag.

Good luck all!
Old 10-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I went to one of my farms today and did a little scouting. I went into a small orchard, it's very enclosed with thick brush all around and corn on 3 sides. It's kinda open on the left and there's thick brush on the right. I was walking through and i looked over in the briars and i saw... atleast 140" of horn down in the weeds. I tried sneakin out but he saw me and took off. so i decided i would hang a stand in there after finding a rub and alot of good signit's an awesome stand guys, i'm pumped about this spot!

Didnt see anything on saturday morning but a doe and a fawn.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you had a good day Squirrelkilla!

Shawn and I went to our honey hole where we both killed big boys last year. Saw a couple 1.5 yearold bucks and a button buck. This is normally a rut only spot, but we figured we would give it a shot.

We will be back in there in a couple weeks
Old 10-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

Hey gang,
3rd day afield..Not much to write home to momma about..lots of does and scrapy bucks..ist only going to get better...
Couple of pics i managed to bang off this morning...

Old 10-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

We need this warm weather to get out of here so the rut can get under way! I cant believe we haven't had our first frost yet and doesnt look like were going to get it in the next two weeks!
Old 10-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

well, I finished hanging that stand and I got permission for another 130+ acres Being a kid has alot of pull when it comes to gettin what you want[8D]
Old 10-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

well, I finished hanging that stand and I got permission for another 130+ acres Being a kid has alot of pull when it comes to gettin what you want[8D]
You arent kidding...i dont know how many spots i have gotten permission to hunt that other people havent been able to get. Being a polite young kid with good people skills is an excelent strength to have when trying to acquire new properties.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

for some reason I have amazing people skills. very personable i guess. I dont have any problems talking to anyone. I went to buy a 200 dollar air compressor from a guy and he ended up giving me the compressor, and another engine for free! just stuff like that always happens. ohh, and when i was babysitting tonight one of the kid's friends mom stopped to pick up the girl and i asked if she allowed hunting on her farm. She said yes and now i have yet another 120+ acers to hunt! this is crazy!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys, the skies just opened up perfect storm style. I'm going to head out tomorrow for a mid day and afternoon hunt, so hopefully this weather will get them going.

Quick Reply: 6 - Official Team SBD Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.