Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 30-Official Team Dirty 30 Thread >

30-Official Team Dirty 30 Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

30-Official Team Dirty 30 Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 30-Official Team Dirty 30 Thread

Congrats TX. Glad to hear about the new lease area. I've been G*N hunting this past couple of weeks and have seen nothing but fawns and yearlings. Had deer around me all day Saturday, even one bedded down within 50 yards of me, all fawns pushedoff by their mother I guess. Also saw 10 gobblers, season closed until Thanksgiving day. I'll be taking my bow back out after this week.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

TTT for Team 30
Old 11-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm gone for a few days guys. I'm off to SW Texas for a few days of Mule deer hunting. If I score soon enough I'll betrying for a Javalina with the recurve and then maybe an Aoudad if there is still time.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like some people got pretty cranky over the holiday. This may be the last year this contest runs. SIGH. Sometimes I'm amazed with how poorly people behave when they have anonymity.

BTW, didn't see anything but a few does. Hadanother doebed within 20 yards of me for an hour. If only they would be hot does.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:51 PM

Well guys looks like I am going to go without a deer with the bow this year duckk season opened saturday and I have taken a buck with the smoke pole and my 7yr old daughter took a nice 8 point thursday afternoon gun season is open know and I am not about to go in the woods with a bow during this time of year to many idiots out.I always try to get one with a bow in the early season cause that is the best oppurtunity to take a buck in a routine you can pattern. I hate it for the team i hope I haven't let you guys down but duck hunting is what I love and I will go deer unting when I can not make it to the duck blind with the rifle. THanks guys and I am sorry for not harvesting a deer for the team.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't worry about it TN. It looks like a lot of us are sharing your fate. [:'(]
Old 11-27-2007, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not to worry TN, I have had a poor season as well. I'm gonna probably bow hunt more, but who knows. Kind of burnt out. Canada really kicked my ass, both phjysically and just the spirit part too. I also love duck hunting, heading out for the first time on Dec 7 then going to Arkansas for a week between Xmas and New years day. Should be an awesome time. The 4 biggest deer we had been seeing all got shot on opening day of gun season here, so that also took the wind out of my sails a little bit. But, there's always next year!
Old 11-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 4 biggest deer we had been seeing all got shot on opening day of gun season here, so that also took the wind out of my sails a little bit.
That blows![:'(]I hate it when I learn facts like that about the deer that I hunt, especially when they have to be shot by a trespasser to die... But it happens. Good Luck to anyone still out there giving it their best!
Old 11-28-2007, 08:30 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

TN, no need to apoligize. Like Talondale said there's more going scoreless than there are scoring. I've got until 1 Jan. andthe way things have been goingI'llbe happy to see the doe again that I let walk back in Sept. let alone a buck,other thanthe tenderloins she'll be hamburger and sausage. Reading some of the posts in the bow section where folks are takeing 4,5,+ deer with the bow makes me think I don't know squat. If I could see deer every time out I'd be happy ashell, wouldn't give a hoot if I got a shot opportunity or not.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been either boom or bust this year it seems like. I'm hoping to take at least one more doe, but who knows, the way its been going lately i'll be lucky to even see one close enough. WIth teh pressure the whole area recieved during gun season, the deer are going to be ultra skittish for a bit, then hopefully settle down late december. There is lots of food on the properties I hunt, so hopefully late season has them putting on the feedbag like usual.

Quick Reply: 30-Official Team Dirty 30 Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.