Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:52 AM

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Hey guys, I'm bugging out of here for about the next week for Christmas, a little late season pheasant and grouse hunting and a little bowhunting. A fawn would top the freezer off!

I hope all of you and your families enjoy a safe and happy Christmas and New Years, and for those still hunting, go get 'em!
Old 12-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have about 11 days straight off of work and I have a couple of anterless tags to fill and a ML tag to fill so I will be out there with the ML and the lingbow trying to get a doe or two. I will also be taking my dog out for some pheasants a couple of those days.

I will probably post again or at least check the forum out but in case I don't you all have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful time with Family and friends.

And please let two of you still in the hunt shoot some nice bucks to throw us over the top by the time I get back! No biggie right! I knew you could do it.

Seriously good luck guys.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

My Christmas vacation is about to start. I will not be near a computer until 1/2/08. Good luck to everyone and Merry Christmas.

-john
Old 12-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well gents I hope you all have (or had by the time you read this) a terrific Christmas and New Year!
Old 12-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just checkin in guys. No score here "yet". I have till end of Jan. though. Maybe with a lot of luck and persistence I will score soon. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and will all have a Happy New Year.

Later, LT
Old 12-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys hope all is well. I shot a buck last night with the ML. It kinda sucked as I thought I was filling one of my anterless tags. This buck had already shed his antlers and I think he would have been a great deer. The bases (sockets) are very large and the body on this deer is alot larger than I am used to shooting. I couldn't hardly get him in the truck by myself. I thought it was a large doe at 86 yards and no binos with me.

I am going to be out there looking for his sheds. The sockets were bleeding and looked very fresh. I am not sure how long those take to dry out or skin over but his were bleeding and I heard him crashing some trees around about 45 minutes before he came out. Hopefully I can get lucky and find one or both of them. I still have one more anterless tag and anothe either sex tag to fill. I will probably go back out on Monday and see what happens.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW, shed already. You know we have been seeing a few one antlered bucks around here already, which is freakishly early for here. Last year we had pictures of bucks with their racks through March, but we took our cameras down then so I don't know exactly when they shed.

Still, congrats on the good one. The fact that he had shed doesn't really change the accomplishment, just the momento that goes with it.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:59 PM

So whats up fellas? Are we done for they year? Anyone still hunting??
Old 01-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry guys, I was only able to get out three times, and nothing. I didn't see anything. Again, sorry.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:18 PM

DAMN YOU RON!! Hey man, you put one on the ground, just had some ahole decide it was his instead.

If we put no more on the boards, I'd say we had a pretty dang good 2 year run and total for both years, very respectable...........and a good group to hunt with! I know I had fun!

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.