Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

That is truly sickening. Obviously, a deer is not worth risking your health over, but that doesn't make the situation any better. It is truly depressing how often I find myself thinking of the totally disgusting state of society. Well, perhaps in the end it will lead to you getting an even bigger one! Luck tends to even out over time. That is all you can cling to right now unfortunately.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:49 PM

Hey Ron, make that luck even out this year though will yah?

I cant imagine having such a thirst for antlers that your willing to steal or claim something that isnt yours. What pride is there in that. Why would you want to show of a set of antlers on your wall knowing full well that you didnt rightfully shoot them. If I had any doubt to as if they were mine, I'd let the other guy have them as I would always have doubt in my head. The only reason that guy figured they were rightfully his is cause his weapon of choice made a boom and he had no intention of hearing you out I'm sure. Dillhole.

Again sorry to hear of yoru luck Ron, what a shame.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ron, I know misery loves company so here you go... I got my chimney inspected before I really started burning wood to aid in heating the house this winter. I have been having fires in the stove, but I have not been burning all day and night until the inspection. I did not have it inspected when I bought the placelast February (moved in end of March)b/c I knew the guy who owned it and he was burning in it so I figured it must be working. Anyway,thechimney guy says he can't believe that I have not had a house fire yet due to the chimneybeing in such bad shape and it will cost $8,000 to fix it. So, guess who will not be having any fires... ever.

I guess there is one option... anyone want a 2005 Harley-Davidson Dyna Lowrider?

I hate my life
Old 12-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Terrible Ron! I cant imagine being in a situation like that. What an a-hole that guy was. Anyway what goes around comes around. He'll get his due.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Truly sad Ron and very wrong. I believe in first blood and there is no way in hell I would have let him take that buck from me under that circumstance. I hate PA rifle season more and more. Too many freakin slobs out there to have a positive outlook on it. Year and year and story after story. No wonder antis hate us, I sometimes hate us (as a whole).
Old 12-11-2007, 03:41 AM
Bartender

Always get the tag on first the law of possession is 9/10ths if I am saying that right.
ORIGINAL: ron3775

Well Friday started out great, snow on the ground and tracks everywhere. At around 10 the deer started moving. I had three doe come by at 10 ft. Each one weighed no more the 40 pounds. I noticed that when 1 stopped to pee, she was bleeding. I thought excellent, she's in heat. Well 30-40 minutes later, I see another deer coming. Its a buck and he is legal. He walked right past the stand, and sniffed where the doe pee'd. I pulled back and smack, great hit. He kicked and ran about 75 yards. I can see him standing there starting to woble when "BANG". Some other hunter down below shoot him. I tried to plea my case, but he didn't want to here it. I had a single lung pass through and knicked to other. To add injury to insult, as I was walking out I slipped and may have sprained my left knee. He would have scored 100 - 105".
Old 12-11-2007, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Truly sad Ron and very wrong. I believe in first blood and there is no way in hell I would have let him take that buck from me under that circumstance. I hate PA rifle season more and more. Too many freakin slobs out there to have a positive outlook on it. Year and year and story after story. No wonder antis hate us, I sometimes hate us (as a whole).
I would agree with you Rob, but when you have a bow and he has a rifle, you just don't know what would happen. How many people have been shot over a deer.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:55 PM

Whats going on LTK and Jester, havent heard from you guys in a while?

The area I hunt has about a foot of snow on the ground with about an inch of ice on top making for tough going for the deer and especially the turkeys. The good side is that the deer are pretty predictable in their movements, not straying too far from established trails and hitting the same food sources every night. I'm not going to be home until the 22nd but have a week to hunt and my old man has hung up his bow for the season. That means I can use his buck tag if he is with me filming and the farmer has been seeing a couple dandy bucks. Looking forward to it.

Huntingson, you gonna get to try those Rage heads out yet this year?
Old 12-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: ron3775

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I would agree with you Rob, but when you have a bow and he has a rifle, you just don't know what would happen. How many people have been shot over a deer.
I think I would have had to wrap his gun around a tree! At that point it has little to do with the deer and more to do with principles and common courtesy. I'd make sure the good prevailed. Anyway Ron, I'm sorry that happened to you. I wish the best of luck if you get back out after Christmas.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who's still in the woods? I know LTK just put down another nice doe, Congrats to him. Ron I thinks is still hunting. What about jester, havent from him in a little while. Just curious as to if we're gonna pull this off.

I havent been bow hunting the past 2 weeks as much as normal. The duck hunting has been great and has me preoccupied for the moment. Dont worry though, I ll get back out there.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.