Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

I really like my Mathews Outback as well, but I don't think they make them any more. I think it is 3 to 4 years old now.

I'm not sure how fast it shoots but my little 28.5 in draw does pretty well with 100 grain gold tips (7755's).
Old 08-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

Oh and I have it set to 65 pounds.

It sucks getting old.....no matter what I am posting I always forget at least 1 item I meant to mention......

-john
Old 08-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 30" draw and my bow is set at about 65#'s as well. I have not Chronographed my set up but it blew thru the deer last year very nicely. I think everybow out there would be an improvement if you are shooting an 11 year old bow. Last year I bought my vipertec and I was shooting a 9 year old bear mountain hunter and was very impressed. Just go shoot some new ones and then you will be hooked on all of them. The tuff choice will be which one to pick. Or just wait until one of us gets a new bow and then you can get one of ours like you said.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:06 PM

old bows are no comparison to old bows. its really amazing how much technology has gotten better in just the last 7 or 8 years.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Beagle001

old bows are no comparison to old bows. its really amazing how much technology has gotten better in just the last 7 or 8 years.
Really
Old 08-31-2007, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wheatley

I was shooting a 9 year old bear mountain hunter
Thats what I am shooting now. So yeah time to ungrade. Was going to this year with a Diamond Rapture, but the wife asked my to wait until after the season.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Berwindale, Good luck tomorrow if you are going out on the opener!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I forgot that MN was also out hunting Elk and Mulies in Colorado. Maybe he will have a surprise for us when he gets back.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:47 AM

i was just stressing the point drhuntr... lol. thanks for the ego boost.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, we made it back safe and sound from the caribou trip. Unfortunately, the caribou were roughly 120 miles from where they normally are this time of year. The Leaf River herd was still in their summer feeding grounds north, and the George River herd was still east. When we got to Montreal I did see a couple of the Real Tree Roadtrips crew, but I did not bother them as I really don't care if I ever meet anyone famous or not. When we got into camp I got to meet John Arman (jarman here) and his posse from the Ultimate Outdoor Adventures. They are a great group of guys and I only wish that their luck had been better. They did end up taking 4 nice bulls and missing one monster, but it just wasn't what one hopes for when caribou hunting.
That camp ended up being dead and so on the second day we were moved to a new camp that no one had hunted yet. We were immediately on some caribou and I took a really nice mature bull, but the rest were elusive and evaded the rest of my friends and dad even though he had one at 10 yards[:@]Just one of those times when bowhunting gets frustrating I guess. The really frustrating part was after just a couple hours of action, the caribou had moved on and we were left with a bare minimum amount of action. Between the 6 of us, we saw on average 15 or so caribou a day. Terrible for caribou hunting, but I can't blame the outfitter. When the caribou aren't anywhere that the outfitters can hunt, there just isn't anything they can do. Every outfitter was scrambling, and from the conversations I heard on the radio, they were all seeing about what we were. We ended up taking 7 total for 6 guys. I passed on a couple of smaller bulls after taking my first and I had a cow at 5 yards at one point. All in all it was a fantastic trip, but the hunting was certainly not what we had hoped for.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.