Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:44 PM

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Alright, It gets light at about 7:25. I was in position on top of a big coullee at the back of my property at first light. About 15 minutes later I saw him SNEEKING through the bottom. He was being very cautious. I took about a 225-250 yd. shot. The 7mag hammered him. the rest is history. Sorry I had to do it with a rifle, but thats life. Thanks alot for posting the pics.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations BB! Looks like a great buck. Heck of a shot to at 250 yds. You deserve it. Now wheres the pics of that elk?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's great BB! Congrats!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job BB, sounds like a great shot. Good luck with the elk as well. That is a nice whitetail.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats BB! To bad you didn't have your bow with you to throw on him anyway! LOL just kidding. Good Luck to you and your father on the elk
Old 10-23-2007, 08:07 AM

nice job man! did u get a score on him? heck of a shot, do that to the elk now
Old 10-23-2007, 04:09 PM

Great looking buck, looks nice and heavy. Way to go!!
Old 10-23-2007, 11:05 PM

well guys I had one of the best nights of hunting EVER! I had bucks around me all night.
first off a small 5 point came thru chasing a doe fawn and buck fawn (figure that one out) and he started lickin a branch. they walked off and roughly 15 minutes later another small buck came thru, the 7 point I saw early this season. he came and started rubbing a tree and then made a scrape under the branch the other buck used. i was happy with that, then I caught a glimpse of another deer in the direction the others came from. I saw horns, and knew it was bigger than the others. he came in and started tearing apart the same tree the other used. i couldnt tell for sure if he was a shooter or not. then he went worked the scrape the 7 point used. finally he came into one of my shooting lanes and i drew back, took a look, and realized he wasnt what I wanted. probly scored 115 or so. he stood there and i held my bow for at least 3 minutes. WOW my arms killed. shortly after he walked off, i heard crashing behind me, and a BIG doe and fawns came bolting thru. she was breathin heavy so I was expecting a buck but nothing showed. they worked off and I could hear other deer moving to the north of me as well as to the west. I was listening and watchin to the west because I could hear a buck rubbing a tree, when I heard crunching right behind me. Then CRASH antlers hit a tree and the buck was rubbing like crazy. I couldnt see how big he was because there is so much brush there, but it had to been big caus the trees there are cedars about 5-6 inches in diameter. finally he stopped and must have just been standing there. I was waiting and waiting, finally i saw his legs. Then I heard a buck rubbing in front of me and I hoped that would be enough to bring out the one behind me. negative. he turned and walked back, so i grunted softly, no luck. tried the snortwheeze, and he turned around came back to the other spot where i saw his feet, and once again saw his feet but no luck with the rest of him. once again he turned and walked off. Right at dark two bucks came waltzing thru to hit that scrape up, but i couldnt see the racks well, but i believe the first was the 8 point i let go, and the one behind him had quite a bit of horn on top, but what it was i cant say for sure. if it hadnt been overcast he would have been dead I'm sure. just not in the cards i guess, but soonly it will happen
Old 10-23-2007, 11:06 PM

sorry for the long read but i had to tell it, im still pumped!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like an awesome hunt Ryan!

Im headed to my property in northern MOhere in a few minutes. Ill be hunting till friday.This is my first trip out, hopefully it pays off.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.