Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Sounds really cool. You can hunt all season and never have one of those magical nights. Congrats and hopefully he can let the air out of him soon.

-john

P.S. My daught missed one doe low. She thought the deer was about 20 yards. Turns out she was at 28. That night she had a old (7 1/2+ year old) 8 point come out. She was determined not to shot low again. She shot right over his back. He was at 22 yards and she used her 30 yard pin. I think she will get it done the next time out. Also one of the guys shot the really big 8 that I had posted pics of earlier. He had him at 10 yards.....lots of liver blood but he never found the deer......
Old 10-24-2007, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ryan, that is awesome man. I would guess it will get nothing but better from here. You are the man!

John, too bad about your daughter. I have done the same thing. Miss low, then overcompensate and miss high next time. She will get it done. Really too bad about that big 8. If I were you I couldn't help but be kind of mad. I am a jerk like that though I guess.

Saw 3 adult does, 2 fawn does, and a button last night. All within 15 yards of my tree. The one doe was chasing off her button. I thought about shooting her, but decided against it. It was actually rather sad to watch this poor little guy get clubbed by his mom. You could tell he had no idea what was going on. He kept coming back trying to nurse and she would stomp him again. Finally he ran off and didn't come back.

This morning on my way into work I saw a really nice 9 point withan 18-20" spread in our alfalfa field. Dang thing was 10 yards from one of my stands. Of course he couldn't have waited until tomorrowwhen I would have been out there. [:@]
Old 10-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like a good night HS

The corn is coming out behind me, if it's gone by saturday, look out[8D]
Old 10-24-2007, 07:56 AM

Thats awesome Ryan!! I am really getting excited about being off October 26th through November 4, sounds like my timing will be great for the seeking/chase phase. And the fact that mom was shoving junior away really confirms it!

Dont let her get discouraged John, she will pull it all together. I remeber my first bow deer, how I ever connected I dont know because my arrow was rattling on my rest so bad. Although I dont rattle anymore, i still get that excited everytime a deer is within range.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright gentlemen... we are only 2 good bucks out of first. Let's get back up there this weekend!!!! Good luck to everyone. Let's give John some support
Old 10-24-2007, 11:11 AM

who knows maybe we are only one BIG buck out of first or a big one and a spike out. hopefully one of them bucks come thru earlier.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will give it a shot. I am working on siding and some new windows for someone right now but I hope to have that finished Friday night or Saturday afternoon. I will be out hunting Saturday morning and Sunday evening. I have not seen the bucks at all lately like everyone else has. The last time I went out I only seen 1 doe.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:41 AM

well im pumped, hopefully tonight is as good or better than the other day. it should be good, ill probly try some rattling tonight, just to see if it brings anything out.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ryan, it sounds like it has been working for quite a few people. I hope you have some great success tonight to report to us. If not at least you will be having fun and hunting while I am working[:@] Not to mention I tried to find my rattle bag and grunt tube and they are no where to be found. I have no clue what happened to them. urghh!!

Good luck.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:40 PM

Hey guys, I leave tomorrow morning and will be back in town on November 4th, WITH something to put in the scorecard, promise!

I will check in from time to time just to see the rest of you posting your contest bucks then I will post mine when I get back, plan, ok?

The bucks have started moving around here, a number of friends have been seeing some chasing. MN's gunseason starts November 3rd so I am hoping to get one before the orange hits the woods as it gets tougher then.

Good luck everyone! Lets do this!

Purple

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.