Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:30 PM

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

I forgot, my dad was talking with the guys we rent cropland from down the road (cant hunt it, wish i could tho) opening weekend they shot a big 14 point. scored 150 something, but they say they saw one that was a lot bigger, so im figuring that may be the monster I was seeing all summer. hopefully he decides to come back across the road by me...
also supposedly my Grandpa saw a nice buck go over our big hill, in which i have a stand roughly 150 yards from where he said it was. granted he exaggerates a bit and also doesnt know big bucks like I do, but regardless it was a decent buck at the least. who knows...
Old 10-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good Beagle. You must be in a great area.

I think old Alzheimer is a bit nuts. Peak of the rut in October? That guy has made more money just making crap up than a travelling preacher. I am going to tell you a secret that you already know and not charge you a penny. If you want to kill a big buck, then your best chance is between late October and the third week of November.... every yearSeeing as how there isn't even a decent rub line either on my farm or on the lease I have, and the big bucks are still in bachelor groups I don't think we are a mere 2 weeks from the peak of the rut. Perhaps the peak of the searching phase, which is my favorite time of year anyway. I can't wait to hear those hurried steps coming towards my stand.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope it doens't happen that fast. I have too much work to get done before I can really get out and hunt allot. I have just been getting out when the weather was a little rainy and on Sunday evenings when I really don't feel like working. Hopefully I will be done by Oct. 20th so I can get out there and hunt almost every day (at least the ones my wife will let me).
Old 10-10-2007, 10:31 AM

another thing i was thinking is that the farther north, the earlier the rut is. regardless if it is pre-rut or rut ill be out there. i actually like pre-rut better because i feel the bucks respond to calling better, as well as scents u can get away with tricking them a bit... CANT WAIT TIL TOMORROW

on alsheimer... i agree, hes kind of a dink, but i thought it would be something to take into account
Old 10-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I am about ready to hang myself. The 12-point that I posted on here, the one I have been wanting since July just got killed by my crossbow hunting neighbor[:@]This buck hung out on our farms all summer and then he just happens by my neighbor this morning and bam. It is not like I wish the guy bad luck, but WTF? I am actually very upset, which is rediculous I know, but I just can't help it. I honestly don't even want to hunt now.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

That does suck! Keep at it there may be a bigger one that was hanging out on his farm that just decides to come onto yours. You just never know. Sorry to hear that.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:30 AM

yea i hear ya huntingson... its just one of those things u cant control, and it sucks
theres more bucks, and like wheatley said there may be a bigger one that was on his place or even on yours u havent seen yet... keep your head up
Old 10-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I know that anything could happen come the rut, but this was the first buck I have ever specifically been able to target and for around here he was a very, very good buck. He hung out with 2 other good bucks, but he was by far the largest.

Ever feel like nothing can go right? Well that has been my entire fall so far. The GD caribou hunt was the worst they have ever seen in Schefferville and now my dorky-ass crossbow hunter of a neighbor shoots THE buck that my dad and I were after. A break sometime this year would be nice. I never even got to have an encounter with that deer other than photos.

SNAFU and FUBARare my mottos this year fellas.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:04 PM

sounds like my year last year... up until the week before I shot my buck, then everything turned around and it became one of my best years ever
Old 10-10-2007, 09:37 PM

You've got enough land to hunt on that there is AT LEAST another dandy or two out there. When they get horned up, you dont know what you may see.

I'm off the next 4 days, I hope to be back with some good news.

Keep at 'em boys

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.