Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Im heading to the farm here in a few minutes. Going to hunt tonight and tomorrow. Ill let you guys know what happens.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:28 AM

well I won't be hunting my property again for two weeks unless I can get off work for a night this weekend. otherwise I'll be hitting up the public land. heres a few links if you are interested in checking it out.
http://dnrmaps.wisconsin.gov/imf/imf.jsp?site=mgdlands (click layers, and zoom to the Mead Wildlife Area)

http://www.meadwildlife.org/maps.html
the spot we liked a lot are on Hunter Ln, but I will be scouting out a few other areas later on
Old 09-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

I hope everything works out well for everyone. I still have to wait....I don't think the 29th is ever going to get here....worse then that the "big boy" spending 1/2 his time at my place and 1/2 his time over where another guy hunts.....I just pray he misses.....LOL.

-john
Old 09-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

Guys I am so stoked! I just found out that I am able to get access to a special locked down property. I have seen alot of massive buck on here and I am allowed to shot as many doe as I want.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's sweet Ron! I'm happy for you brother. All you have to do now is go get one of those bruisers!!! Sounds like there will be no shortage of jerky for you this year

Beagle, that is a great looking area. I hope you smack a monster there my friend.

drhntr, good luck tonight.

We need a score on the board!!!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

John,
I am waiting for the 29th to get here as well. I am heading up that weekend to Wyoming for the family elk hunting trip. I probably won't get back out and hunt the deer until after that first week in Oct.

Good luck guys. We do need to put something on the board.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go get that bugling bull buddy!

I really missed elk hunting this year. Oh well, next year.

John, Ohio opens on the 29th as well... tick, tock, tick, tock COME ON!!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 07:28 PM

Opening weekend was slow for me. Kind of dissapointing with the opening mornign temp of 29 degrees. I only saw a couple of does a ways away and that was it.

On a fun note I took my girlfriend of about a year squirrel hunting for the first time. She is kind of an animal lover and doesnt like to see them hurt or hunted. Well i shot the first 2 and then I told her it was her turn. We treed one into an oak and she put her first shot right through its head, then what floored me, she said "can I get another one" Pretty fun.

I just hope she doesnt think it is so great she wants to go with all the time now
Old 09-18-2007, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, she'll want to go with your hunting buddies and you can stay home and cook and clean

My wife is going to hunt for the first time this year. She refused a corssbow and said if she can't do it with a bow then she doesn't want to do it at all. Yeah, I think she is pretty cool.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

Shes Hooked now! Just wait, she'll want a bow next. Just hope this situation doesn't happen:

Another friend of mine is attatched at the hip with his wife. She doesn't like to hunt but has tagged along a few times. One time I shot a nice buck, went over by his stand to get help and they are in the tree buck nakkid goin at it. I just stood there, not wanting to interupt, thought about just sneaking away again, but I still needed help. I stood there a minute, and all of a sudden another buck appears, right under his stand! The buck is watching them too! That buck stood there still as a rock for 5 minutes just watching them while they're making all kinds of noises and moving around....My buck tag is filled and on the ground field dressed, this buck is 30 yards from me broadside and I can't shoot and can't get there attention. The buck moves toward me and gets to 20 yards and stops to watch them some more and I can't hardly take it. I draw my bow and just as I did a doe walks up to the buck out of nowhere, stops, looks up at my friend and his wife, and I wacked her from 18 yards. The doe and the buck exploded into a run, the wife screamed, when they scrambled they knocks most of there cloths out of the stand. I yelled "watch that doe, I hit 'er good!" he replies "she's down right over there." How long you been there?"
"10 MINUTES! So was that buck and that doe! You 2 might as well climb on down, won't be nearly as entertaining as the last 10 minutes." To my surprise, they did, she had nothing on but boots,and when down they realized that there cloths had landed in a nasty blackberry patch. Being the nice guy I am, I went into the tangle razor weeds and got there cloths out for them. What are friends for? lol Think we may have discovered a new way to call in deer? Would have made a heck of a hunting show.lmao

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.