Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

I am certainly not judging or telling you what to do buddy. I am just saying. Of course, my dogs are total turds anyway so it would just give me the excuse I have been looking forIf I had a dog worth a piece of rat poo I may have to rethink my stance. I hope it all works out well.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I completely understand. I have had dogs in the past that wouldnt have got the treatment my current one does.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Typical Buck

I hope you have some good luck with your dog. I started raising catahoulas back in the 80's. I used them to catch wild hogs and wild cattle. While there were some that were also pets, there were lots that were just dogs. They were well taken care of, but if they did not work properly by the time they were 9 months old they took a dirt nap.

Good luck to everyone else also. Lets lay down some deer. I am starting to get lonely on the checkin thread.

-john
Old 10-14-2007, 05:48 PM

So if you believe in luck, then apparently I burned every last bit of my allotment on that damn cow elk.

I do believe in the"October lull" but this is just plain rediculous. I'm just not seeing deer. Not even does to shoot at. I cant figure it out either, because I am in proven spots and spots that produce year after year. I have a few pheasant hunts planned and I am considering changing those into bowhunts instead and adjust mystrategy.Dang.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:54 PM

well this weekend was alright. didnt see much last night but tonight was pretty good. right away i had 5-6 does come thru but only 3 came by but i thought one might have been a buck sneaking off the other way. couldnt tell for sure tho. then later a little yearling buck came thru and he was pretty good for a yearling. then i could hear two bucks sparring a little later. I could hear deer around all day but they were gettin by me. then finally near dark i could hear one coming and the second he stuck his head out i drew back, caus initially it looked like a fairly good buck, but as i studied him i realized he wasnt quite what i was looking for. o well it was a rush thats for sure.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

Nothing good here for Saturday. I got home from my son's fall baseball game at 10:30 Friday and my wife says, I don't know how you plan to do this, but we need to leave the house by 8:30 am for my oldest sons soccer game. So I thought well I will hunt the afternoon. My youngest son had a soccer game at 1. I didn't get home until 2:30. Well the place that I hunt at closes at 6 so I figured it wasn't worth the rush of trying to get out. Hopefully next week will payoff.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

It rained all day Saturday and Sunday here. I went out Saturday and got skunked and wet.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

MN, you are not alone my friend. I couldn't pay a deer enough to come by my in the stand. I have been out 6 times in a row with NOTHING. Not even a dang fawn come by. I got within 15 yards of a couple groups of does on the ground this weekend, but it was so thick I couldn't shoot. Nothing from the tree though. I found a few good looking spots at my lease that are more travel routes and funnels, so I am waiting to hunt them for the searching phase.

John, trust me brother. If I could help it, you would not be alone up there

Alright guys. It is almost that time of year. We will all be alright. Don't get in any rush or anything. It is still so early. Don't get nervous. The best part of the year is yet to come.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys dead? If I get no response in 23.5 hours I will beg Rob for some alternates
Old 10-16-2007, 06:54 AM
Typical Buck

I'm still here just busy....LOL. I will be taking my 14 year old daughter out for her first archery hunt on Saturday. She is deadly with a rifle but archery will be a new adventure for her.

-john

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.