Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Roughly 68 more hours and I will be in a stand. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks Chris and good luck Wheatley!

-john
Old 09-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Beagle, you are a nicer man that me
Old 09-12-2007, 02:47 PM

well he guaranteed that if he could hunt opening morning he'd get his deer, and i wanted to see if he is right. Im looking for a new job tho, caus there is too much drama there now.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

I feel ya brother... I hate Drama. Seems like every where I go there is always some kind of drama, some one upset because some one else said something... BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Since when did everyone get so "sensitive"? Are awe a product of Dr Phil or what? I think Don Henley and the Eagle said it best... "I'd like to find your inner child and kick it's little @__"!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL!!!

Man, I sure wish we could get hunting and so we could discuss our tales of success and our tales of woe. What the devil happened to BB? I figured he would be tagged out by now. Oh well, really for us whitetail guys there is no need to worry until the end of November. I am just impatient
Old 09-13-2007, 09:02 AM

Just curious what time period is everyones favorite to hunt?
Personally I love hunting right after the corn gets chopped, the deer seem to flock to it and that's when I see a majority of the big ones, and usually together. If it gets chopped late, like the last two weeks of October, even better because that by far is my favorite time to be in the woods. Bucks are responsive to calling, and they are ready to tear.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

Opening morning for me. The deer are still unaware that the season has started. My next favorite time is the very end of season. Most hunters have quit and the deer have returned to the normal state.

-john
Old 09-13-2007, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite without question is early-mid November when the bucks are on the prowl. It is so exciting to hear those tell-tale footsteps of a rutting buck. That quickened pace is all you need to hear to know to get ready in case he is a big one. The air is crisp, there is the occasional frost, leaves are dry and loud to help you hear things coming, I just love that time of year. I generally don't like the early season b/c the mature deer tend to stay relatively nocternal around here. Same with the late season. Not that you can't get lucky, but it just isn't nearly as exciting as those pre-rut days of November when the does are starting but they aren't yet receptive. Man, now I've got myself all worked up about it.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same here Huntingson. I go out a few times in early season just to get the anxiety down a little. Then it wears off and I can wait until the end of Oct. early Nov. to get back out there and hunt them again. I will probably take Nov 5th and 6th off and make it a long weekend if I have not had a chance by then.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.