Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread >

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

fsh, I know what you mean. Fortunately (I guess) the deer all migrated out of the area in the winter where my farm was, so I never had a tire problem due to antlers. Now I'm better situated.

Pa, I have both his sheds from last year, which he dropped right in my pasture. Not so with the most recent one; I'll have to go searching.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:21 PM

I haven't given up yet guys. I have gotten back out at the property where all the poaching took place earlier, and I have found some promising late sign. Now if this late season heat wave will leave. Good job, AE! Let's do it--I love come from behind victories!
Old 12-20-2006, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

go get 'em, manuman.

NEWS
a couple things 1) mostly my typing will be shabby because i'm only using one wing. finally got long-awaited shoulder surgery yesterday and wont be back to normal for several months, but it will be sweet when i get there. 2) i found the 2nd side off the above buck (previous page) monday afternoon. the first side will have to wait for spring, i guess. the one i got scores 64, so with his great spread, i figure he'll gross about 150. sorry, no pictures yet
Old 12-22-2006, 03:44 AM
Typical Buck

- Keep up the good effort manuman, we are still rooting for you.
- Rotator cuff canuck? Good luck with the recovery and I hope you find the other shed.
- I've been putting my time in the tree stand, trying to amwhack a v.nice buck returning to his suspected (?) bedding area in the am - no joy. When our season gets closer to the end (31 Jan), I'll risk getting tight with him. I just hope if I do get close, he hasn't dropped his antlers yet, lol. I've been seeing deer more consistently in the afternoon.

-fsh
Old 12-22-2006, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Guys,
I'll be getting out next week..saw one of the best bucks of the year, last week..now as long as no-one stumbled on him during the last weekend of Shotgun season (last weekend) he may start moving again. As someone said..Never Give up!
Old 12-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

fsh -rotator cuff, other torn tendons, cysts, and mangled bits and pieces that had to be cleaned out. surgeon said it went very well. good luck to you, and to you too GR8.

here's the shed. the tiles are 8".

Old 12-24-2006, 01:41 PM

Well, so far nothing but several does each morning and nothing in the evenings--only one more week left here, so I'm cutting it close. I will be trying in S Ga this next week, so it ain't over til the fat lady sings--and I only hear a little throat clearing so far!If I don't get another chance--Merry Christmas to all of you! Canuck--glad to know the surgery went well--prayers for your continued and full recovery! Fly--get that bad boy! Gr8--you''ll get there. I amgoing to Illinois to check out a club there for next year and to check on some duckhunting as well--so,maybe some of us will be able to be on the same team next year--and I will have one of those northern dudes to show off--and hopefully a poacher free environment!
Old 12-28-2006, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

ttt
Old 12-30-2006, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just wanted to wish you all a safe and happynew year. Good luck to all still hunting.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:44 AM

all right another one for the underdogs i have been out doing some guide work and scouting still have a doe tag so i hope to fill it monday

Quick Reply: 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.