Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread >

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 04:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Hi guys. I shot a bigdoe last night, xx-lunging her.I triedan area I have not hunted this season, but have had late season success in the past. The doe w/fawncame in feeding along an edge, and gave me a 12 yd shot - she went about 70 yds before folding up. She had a single fetus, and I used a ruler to determine that she was bred 10 Nov. I've seen a few bucks harassing doe fawns the past week, no shooters.
-fsh

Old 01-03-2007, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey that's good FSH. I need to try and get out. At a minimum I need another doe to get me through the winter...I haven't gotten out since before Christmas.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

Nice going, fsh. Nice to have a variety of good spots to hunt.

GR8, good luck to you on another freezer filler.

Me - I'm just muddling along, typing with one hand. But I'm really happy for you guys that are still actively hunting. No, really. [:@]
Old 01-10-2007, 03:29 AM

well guys i did finally tag out got my 3rd one it was a button buck biggest buck ive seen with just little nubs. missed him at 10 yards double lunged him at 25 yards when he stoped to see what was up. seems them 10 yard shots have haunted me all year. i better practice that shot this year.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:54 AM
Typical Buck

- Congrats on the "steak deer" bowhuntingoh!

- I am still slogging along, but wimped out this am's hunt because the wind was howling at 4 am - it's laid down since and now I am second-guessing... had a 7 ptr by me Monday evening - ~2-1/2, not a shooter.

-fsh
Old 01-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

Still hanging out in the woods...I went intothe middle of abedding area early this am (~5:30am) and waited for something to show. About 0730, a3-1/2 yr nine-pointer (w/ 2-1/2 6'er and spike) stood 14 yds away - gavehim a pass, hope to see him next year.
-fsh

Old 01-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fsh and BowhuntOH,

Congrats on the last season skills, wish i still had tags- I am already goin through withdraw listening to everyone else's huntin stories. On a brighter note, my best friend is still out and that last day of muzzleloader season he hunted the stand i shot my buck from and saw 17 doe and 3 bucks he said that looked to be at least 2 1/2 yr olds, so i should have a decent crop of buck for next season.

Jerry
Old 01-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

bowhuntinoh, nice job at 25 yards.

fsh, sounds like you're still having some fine times.

With our season now over, our local club held its annual 'antler scoring extravaganza' last weekend. It was a bit of a disappointment, as the number and quality of antlers was down quite a bit this year compared to the last several.

I guess the best category was elk, where a couple dandies showed up. Sorry, no pictures. Only 2 moose, 1 (huge disappointment) mule deer, and 0 bears.

The biggest category was whitetails and there were a couple good ones. The following picture is a nice deer, considering it effectively has only 4 beneficial points per side. Nets 157. There were a couple others with more points that scored quite a bit better. My feeble archery whitetail took second place in that category, showing just how little competition there was in it.

OK, next year I'm holding out for a whopper!
Old 01-29-2007, 04:31 AM
Typical Buck

Arrggggg, three days left here in MD, and I will be huntingpart of each day. It's kind of like weaning off before going cold turkey... I had a big-bodied mature buck nearbylast Sat evening - although he was shed out, all his mannerisms were that of a buck that had been around the flagpole a few times. I'll note theencounter in my log book for next year, .
-fsh
Old 01-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys this is buckhuntinkg... i got a new ID because i had to get a new email... sorry i didn't pull through for our team.... i only seen one buck the whole year... I shot 3 does though... i want to say congrats to all my team members for shootin a buck or anything all year.... if you guys want i can tall you the story of the last deer..

Quick Reply: 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.