Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread >

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 30 Check-In

Hey guys, I am heading back to PA tonight to hunt down there. They NY opener is next weekend and I will be splitting my weekends at that point between PA on Saturdays and NY on Sundays.

APAJaws and I headed to my property in PA and hunted Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday (no sunday hunting in PA). Opening morning brought a couple fawns under my stand. In the evening APAJaws and I sat in a ground blind together with me as camera man, and him as the shooter. We had seen several good bucks coming out into this field all summer long. Below is a picture that shows where the deer are coming out, and where the blind is setup. Anyhow about 6:30 came around and 3 mature does and 3 fawns came out along with a bruiser of a 7 point. Unfortunately I was having a heck of a time getting the camera to focus through the blind mesh in the window, and when I tried to shift to get into an open window one of the does and fawns busted me.......

The good news is that the buck didn't see anything and he came out again Sunday night and was within 15 yards of the blind (we glassed him from the other end of the field), and Monday night too when APAJaws was in there alone but the buck didn't come any closer than about 60 yards that night. Hopefully tomorrow evening I will get a crack at him. I will be alone so there won't be any video footage, but hopefully I can get some video footage of a doe being taken later this season.

Old 10-06-2006, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool looking setup. Good luck with that video. I have never been able to get anything on tape. Seems when we try nothing is ever around.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like we lost a little bit of our chatter. Not sure what all was said. I site does seem a little faster but I think it still dogs at some times. Still a lot of people hitting it this time of year.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i scored my first this morning but alas it was only a doe , so no score for the team YET!!! have seen several nice bucks but nothing closer than 50-60 yards. so this morning after 45 minutes in the stand i took my first of the year ,she went about 50 yards and dropped . autopsy showed a hole in the heart. shot her at 6:45 waited 15 to get down had her in the truck at 7:15 and was home by 7:30 . now thats mykindof morning in the stand. only wish it had been a buck
Old 10-07-2006, 10:57 AM

Wow, is the site loading faster. I have not been out to hunt in a few days. I am planning on getting out tommorrow morning and evening. I think that Justin and I are going to film.

Rick, cool looking set-up, keep the photos going, it is cool to see everyones set-ups.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing to report for me either, just lots of raccoons and hawks. Saw a bg buck this morning at the entrance to the field I was hunting, unfortunately he was in the headlights. Looks like this coming week is gong to be better as far as weather goes. Good luck!
Old 10-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talked to my bro, and he saw nothing but bears again tonight. Damn things!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

So where are the others on this team? I will be getting back out hunting in about 10 days. Just wanna wait for the rut to get closer. Seems like we are missing several guys on here.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:20 PM

Hey guys. The area I'm hunting is covered with scrapes and rubs. All within an area 75yds in diameter. I hunted this stand several times w/o seeing the buck/bucks that were making all the sign, only seeing does. So one evening last week I invited my father-in-law to huntthe area with me thinking he would get a shot on a doe(considering it is his property, and he's not been seeing deer where he's hunting) Wouldn't you know it. This 10 or 12 pt. 200+lb monster steps out only 15yds from his stand which is 55yds from my stand and the deer makes him out and bolts before he can even draw. To make matters worse, this monster was on a b-line to the scrapes I'm hunting over.Needless to say, I probably won't see this deer again until the rut, if I'm lucky. My father-in-law has permanantly moved his stand to an area only 125yds from where I am. [&:]I'm gonna be a little perturbed ifhe kills this deer, considering I found his primary scrape area.
I'll keep you guys posted.
I'd love to take this deer for myself and the team.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:39 PM

Hey guys, I went out tonight and did not see a thing. I did go and hand another stand today. I think it will be a producer. I am going to hand a few more stands in the morning and take advantage of this rain were having. A few more tweaks and I will be ready for primetime.

Quick Reply: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.