Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread >

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 07:23 PM

Default RE: Team 30 Check-In

Hey guys,

Things are starting to heat up I have seen 7 bucks in the last 3 days, nothing of any real size though. That is a nice buck on the trail cam above! Lets hope we get him for our team. Well I will keep you informed, I have a few more stands to hang and I will be ready for prime time.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:42 PM

well went once this weekend...killed a hog. sawone doe. its too deadgum hot...plus i brought my girlfriend and she was cutting up and laughing the whole time. So i wasnt really hunting, just out there having a good time...but there is nothing wrong with that.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

phall you are right. Have a GREAT time. Congrats on the hog. Now you will have some pork to mix with the venison you are going to get and make up some sausage.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:38 PM

Well, tonight I let go a real nice 8 pointer about 125 -130 inches, I am trying to hold out for something larger this year. I am heading for WI for a few days. I will everyone up-to-date with my progress.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

You the man Todd, I'm praying for a 130"er right now..lol
Old 10-18-2006, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Coming back to old WI during the IL season there eh? Good for you Todd. I don't think I could pass up something like that but it would be because I have never had something like that come by. Until this little 3 (Velvet buck) this year I have let EVERYTHING walk justPRAYING that something would make it to the next season and be bigger. This one was actually the first BUCK I have shot with a bow in about 15 years. Most season I just take a doe and that is all. Anyway GOOD LUCK.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are a better man than me Todd!! HE would have been dead if it were me,and my biggest by bow at that! I'm going to head out tonight and hopefully smoke one of the two big ones I have seen. The wind is going to be favorable at least. I will be sure to report if I have any success!
Old 10-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hit the outdoors tonight and it was a great night to sit. It had been misting all day and it continued into the evening so things were super quiet. Just after I got situated in my stand I had a 7-point come by. If I had been home in the UP, I'd be cleaning him up right now, but he wasn't big enough for an IL buck. Still alot of fun to get one in that close. I later saw a doe and fawn that came by real close and walked over my boot tracks without knowing anything was unusual, so I guess Scent-Killer worked tonight. Two coyotes trotted past right at last light but no shot presented itself. Overall, great night in the woods, as are all of them, but no harvest for the team.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike sounds like a great night. Too bad that buck wasn't big enough. Get back out there and find one of those that you are looking for. I will be heading back out this weekend and every weekend now for a while. Not sure what is out there this season as that cuddeback camera was down all year. My property is about 80 miles away so I don't get to swing by it every night to see what is around. If nothing else I will try to get another doe. So far we have 2 bucks and 4 doe off of 80 acres and AFTER all of that I saw 16 deer walk into a corn field and ALL were doe and fawns. Just too many of the dang things.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

My camera didn't work as I wanted it to either. I think I had it tilted skyward a little bit as all I got were 126 pictures of rain. That property where it was is about 70 miles away, so I also don't get over there too much, although on Friday I'm heading there!

Quick Reply: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.