Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread >

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 30 Check-In

Congrats Rick. I really like that brow tine AND the way he is crossing his legs. Not much new here. Looks like the bow season is over for me. I am starting to play with the Trykon already to get set for next season. I got cams to switch it from 80% 28.5 inch to 65% 29 inch. Also going to try a few things that are supposed to get a couple of extra feet per second out of it. I know it helped some just getting Gibblet strings on it before the season started.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:00 PM

Congrats Rick. Well IL shotgun season was good for me, photo below.... Wisconsin rifle season was not as good, I let a lot of deer go and ended up missing a nice one. Dont even ask, I have no idea what I did wrong. Just some hair, no blood. Second Season in IL opens in the morning so I am going to give it another shot, one more tag left. Justin and I are going to give it our best to try to get a harvest on video. I will keep you posted on what happens.

Other good news.... The buck that I lost in Wisconsin with my bow, we ended up getting during the rifle season.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Todd, congrats man, hey, we're still waiting on the Bow Kill entry you had....
Old 11-29-2006, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Todd. Another nice deer. Glad to hear you guys got the buck you missed up here.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, busy day around here! Congrats Rick and Todd! I wish we could bowhunt during gun season here in IL!! I would sure be out there with this weather coming in tonight. Should be a good weekend for the gun season though. I'm going steelhead fishing instead. My brother finally scored on a buck back home in the UP on Monday, he had been in a 5 year drought, and I had taken an 8-point every year of his drought, so I was kinda feeling a little bit bad about shooting nice bucks...but not bad enough to not shoot!.. Good luck this weekend everyone!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:54 PM

I should have the rack back tomorrow, I will get it measured up. Justin and I shot a buck on video tonight. Stay posted...... I was pretty cool.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are deer slaughtering machine Todd! Keep up the good work!
Old 12-03-2006, 02:06 PM

Finally the deer hunting is picking up...Still no deer though. I sawright under 40 deer inmy stand from fri evening to sat night. No shooters in range though. Saw some nice 6 points and a beautiful 8 point too. Nothing but spikes,does, and a 5 pointin range though. Where I was hunting you have to kill a 6 point or better. I saw 23 deer sat. morning
Old 12-05-2006, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep at it Pike. Hey by the way my son just finished up Navy Boot Camp. He told me that Navy stood for Never Again Volunteer Yourself. He didn't know about Army and he said the Air Force is just weird. Marines however he did know. Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Essential Sir. We all found those funny.

Good Luck to you the rest of the season and THANK YOU for joining the Marines and serving our country. May God keep you and all our troops safe.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep at it Pike! I'm looking forward to getting back into the deer woods again here in IL. I was fishing last weekend and caught some great brown trout out of Milwaukee, but it still isn't deer hunting! I think on Saturday we're going to do a little pheasant/deer combo. The weather looks good, so it would be fun. I've nothad the opportunity to bowhunt in the snow too much,so I'm looking forward to it. Good luck to the rest of you guys with tags!

Quick Reply: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.