Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread >

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 23- Team Official Thread

I got a great phone call tonight from a deputy who patrols by the house I am building. He starts shift at 10 pm and usually goes by the house to make sure things are safe. HE told me that last night he was turning the bend and in the big field was a monster buck close to the road. I thought he was kidding but he said the buck was at least a5 x 5 with taller G-2's than 3's. On Monday night I saw the same deer when leaving the house at 7pm. HE was across the field from the house and heading for that bigger field on the bend. I thought he was 12 points but I definitely saw the 10 inch+ g2's. White at dusk against the beans. Maybe he is the guy rubbing the power pole by the lane. With this weather and confirmed sightings I am getting super pumped. Its hurts getting my excitement caught in the string everytime I shoot. OOuch!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Typical Buck

Dave

Hey Dave ,congrats on the button buck, must be nice to have some meat on the pole,wish I could say the same. Good luck come this Sunday my freind,maybe you'll be able to fill the other tag.
Chris, it's a ball when you can play with their heads and then scare the crap out of them .Good luck to you this weekend too.
Thanks for your name Pete, I hate talking to a name I don't know,that's just me, good getting to know you my freind.
Hey 14Mercs, sure is nice that those police that we can call pigs at times, can be of so much help in time of need[8D]. Not that I do call them that, but in my old days I did. LOL ,14Mercs your supposed to let the air out when letting the release go,this way the big ole chest is out of the way. LOL, funny guy..
I was to stay home tonight as it was down pouring when I got up at 4pm, but by the time 5:30 came around the sun was out and the deer were probably thankful I wasn't their too. My wife said I was wacko if I were to go in the rain and I let her talk me out of it. Dang deer would have probably been out in number too as it has been raining hard for 2 days. I'll try againThursday night[8D]. Good luck and hunt safely guys.By the way 14Mercs what is your name???[>:]
Rocky
Old 10-19-2006, 05:28 AM

Pete,
I use either a TC Renegade stock,Sharon custom barreled .58 cal that shoots round balls
or a CVA Optima Pro break action .50 cal with a 3-9 scope.
Just depends on how far I have to walk to my stand, the CVA is lighter and has a sling. The .58 weighs 14 lbs!
The .58 was my Grandpa's gun, he passed away back in 1988 so I like to take it hunting. He got me into hunting and blackpowder back when I was a kid. We built my first ML out of a kit when I was 12, I still have that gun too!
Lot's of good memories when I carry the .58
Old 10-20-2006, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys its about 11am here and I am getting packed up and ready to go out at about 2pm....wish me luck...if I get a buck tonight I will definitely post some pics and stuff...but its all up to the big guy....good luck to everyone else

ANTLER MAFIA
Old 10-20-2006, 12:57 PM

YEP, ME TOO!!!!!!

I'm outta here and I have all next week off. Bow only season ends 10-29 andgeneral season opens 11-4. During general season you're allowed to use just about anything to hunt with, but I'll only have my bow with me. Also, on10-28 and 10-29, the last 2 days of bow season, it is also "youth gun season"so I'll be sittin with my son hoping to watch him kill his first deer, hog, or both. I really hope he gets one.

You fellas take care and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be back but it may be a few days.

Waid
TXMM
Old 10-20-2006, 06:48 PM

Good luck to everyone this weekend
Old 10-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Guys I wanna report that I am on the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first deer ever is now a decent 6 point!! I will have pics later and a score after that....hopefully getting us up inthe standings....
Old 10-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Pete!!!

You did it,,wowzer,congrats to you my friend on your 1st bow deer,can't wait to see the pics,good on ya bud[8D]. Wow, I just reread the email you posted and it's actully your 1st deer ever, that's even more impressive. A great big pat on the back to you Pete,are you hooked on bow hunting??I'm guessing yes. Now for the rest of us to get our behinds in gear and start putting some game down. Guys hunting this weekend ,be safe and have fun, God Bless guys.
The Rockster
Old 10-21-2006, 12:41 AM

Hey Congrats Pete, can't wait to see pictures.

Woo Hoo, we got the monkey off our backs.

I wanna head out to the stand right now, even though it's 1:30 am.

Can't, gotta work. Dang!

Hey, once again, way to go Pete.

Bols

Old 10-21-2006, 05:22 AM

Way to go Pete!
Get those pictures for us.

Quick Reply: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.