Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread >

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 07:28 PM

Default RE: 23- Team Official Thread

Well fellas, how did the hunts go this weekend? I've been stuck at work on the weekend night shift again, and I'm dying to hear how y'all did. Right now I have to hunt through yall.

Old 10-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

well guys i went out saturday morning and didnt see a thing. then after that i went out and did some pheasant hunting and shot my two bird limit in about an hour so that was nice.
then saturday evening i went back out bowhunting in a different stand and saw four deer. one was a nice basket eight, which will be a nice one in a year or two if he lasts that long. it was an awesome night out there, about the last hour i was out the wind quit and it was incredibly peaceful.

good luck guys. shoot straight
Old 10-16-2006, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

Great Morning Fellas

Well I got into my stand by 6am in the dark and didn't have any movement till 7:45 in the blowing snow. Sure nice having snow on the ground ,I actully saw the deer out in the field at a 100 yards through the trees coming to their bedding areas. The bonus of snow cover eh!! Canadain. The 2 does worked their way to with in 40 yards in the thick bush of me ,then all of a sudden a yote popped out and put the chase on.[:'(]
I could taste those does,dang yote[:@],oh well. I got down by 9:30 and proceeded to make 5 seperate scrape lines in this area and a neibouring area I will hunt later on in the week. Pushed up 5 does under neath another new stand location ,they scared the crap out of me toocause I got so close to them when they bolted,the wind was in my face too. Be back at er tomorrow night guys,Good luck and God Bless.
Rocky
Old 10-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys no buck just yet although idid take another doe sunday morning
RockyI had the same thing happen last weekend sat-morn. I was watching a doe make her way to me. She got within 15yrds but she was standing just the otherside of these vines when all of a sudden she jumped and ran right under my stand and within about a second she was gone? I was wondering what caused her to spook when i heard something comming threw the thicket about thirty yrds away i cought a glimps of a yote[:@]
Well needless to say i didn`t get a shot at the yote but boy was i wishing i had!!
I hope everyone is doing ok!My sons football season is comming to an end withing the next week or so just in time for the rut.
Good luck team..rta47
Old 10-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys I went out friday and saturday this weekend...Friday I grunted in two spikes but didn't shoot at them cause I aint that desperate yet...then a mature doe walked right in and I shot over the top of her [:@]...on saturday I sat in the same stand was debating on going and sitting in some straw bales but I didn't and when I was leaving I saw 10 does standing within 10 yards of the straw bales I was going to...I guess I need to trust my instincts more....I will be hunting friday evening this week and maybe saturday evening...good luck to everyone this week
Old 10-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

Petrey 10

I tend to let God decide where I should sit when it comes down to which stand to sit in when their are a couple available at the time of the hunt that are as good as one another.But that's me[8D]. he usally doesn't let me down. Glad you passed on the 2 spike bucks bud, just hopefully later on they don't disapear in time of need[:@]. Joking my friend. For the shot over top of the doe, chalk itup to a learning experience, were not about too make every shot we take,or else that would put us in elite company, and their is only one who is perfect.Good luck this weekend bud ,shoot straight and ware your safety belt[8D].
Rocky
PS I don't know your real name???
Old 10-18-2006, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, I'll be hunting Friday, Sat, and Sun. Things are starting to heat up pretty good. I was leaving my stand and walked up on 6 does the other night. It was to dark to shoot in the woods but still some light left out in the open. You know what I'm talking about. Anyway, they went on alert so I started to grunt and a few of them put their heads down to feed again. I thought I would play with them a bit and keep grunting and slowly walking towards them. I kid you not I got up to 30 yds. from them drew my bow back and set the pin on a fat ole doe ( all the while letting out soft grunts on the call). I could have taken a doe but decided not to. I let the bow down and said "Hello". You should have seen them head for the hills, it was funny. Good luck hunting guys I will chat with ya soon. Chris
Old 10-18-2006, 06:13 PM

Hunted with my ML all weekend
I did shoot a button buck,I thought it was a doe.
It came trotting thru an opening about 20 feet wide and I pulled up and shot.
I do try to shoot buttons but I guess it happens.
The backstraps will be great though.
I have one more ML tag to fill this Sunday if I can get one in range.
Then it will be back to bow hunting for a buck for the contest for me.

We do have a better idea of where the deer are though after 2 days in the woods.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

My name is Pete...I too go to God for advise from time to time
Old 10-18-2006, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

what kind of ML are you using...I am thinking about getting one for my Firearms season but I am running out of time

Quick Reply: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.