Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Ryan,

Did you get my email from here at home about your mount? I got your photos, buck looks great bud. The boys loved it too!

Troy
Old 02-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea Troy I got it. Thanks.

I just got home from a traditional archery shop. I shot several bows. Long, recurve and hybrid types. I think the next time I go back I will lighten my wallet someI been wanting to get into it, and this really knocked me over the edge. Of course I had to like the most expensive bow I shotYou would think for some thing being "traditional" it would be inexpensive. Those bows are pretty thought, real works of art sometimes.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here is Conner. I just got this in my email a little bit ago.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow - fine looking youngster you've got there Mike. Congrats man.The little guy's been through a lot, but he looks like a million bucks.

Rybo - You'll have more fun with a traditional bow than you'll ever have with a compound. It's super-tough to learn, but that's the fun in it, really. Buy lots of arrows. I'd recommend some white-crested flu-flu's for your first dozen. Easier to find.

I haven't played with my recurve in ages. I might have to get it out once the weather breaks. Some of those bows are too pretty to hunt with though. Do u like the longbows or the recurves? I've never played with a (non-youth-model) longbow before.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually today was the 1st time I ever shot a longbow, and MAN IT WAS SWEET! I shotthis onerecurve, it was so effortless. Really nice bow. Shot a couple more then there were a few "hybrid" recurves. They shot nice, but eh. Then he's like shoot this long bow too. 1, the thing couldn't have weighed more than 20 ounces It was unreal. It really zipped those arrows out and was so smooth. I ended up shooting a couple more after that. I'm really torn now between a long bow or recurve.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:03 PM

Hard to beleive my little guy wasn't much bigger than that almost a year ago.. Wow.. Fine looking lad, hopefully he will get to go home with you soon Mike.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the little one. Looks like a million$. and sure to be a hand full.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Yeah Rob - we need to work on a new rule that lets past champions (or any team that wants to) to stay together. It just won't be the same for all of us onnew teams.

After some recent information received, I might not even be part of next years contest, Oh I'll be here but as far as teams staying together and me caring? Shed, we'll take via PM, let me know when your online when I am. Thanks Troy.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mike,
Great looking son you have there. God bless you guys. Ryan thanks for posting those photos of Conner.

Ryan, dang you...dang you.. I've been purposely for years trying to stay away from traditional bows because I know I would love to hunt with one but I have tried to stay honest with myself in regards to how much time I have to practice..Not enough until the kids get older..and I get to work less! NOW you got me wanting to go shoot onemyself. Nevertheless bud, good luck with your pick, you're definately the kind of guy I see going hardcore trad in your later years... and you'll be good at it..

Quick, I hope you had some luck shed hunting. I have been lately. Its been fun and a lot of work both. I am still dealing with deep snow in the norths and creek bottoms..but the higher elevation souths are burning off nicely and the bones are droppin. I pm'd you a pic of a few I found Sat even.. Found more today..and want to skip work tomorrow to find more more more.. its like an addiction for me once I see the fresh ones hitting the ground.. I need to hit a few other spots before the other locals get in there.. I better go to work..my girls bball practice would go over to well without me there..think they would understand?

Saw moose, elk and whitetails this weekend...
Old 02-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Troy - what are your current daytime highs running right now? I guess I'm asking whether your snow cover is staying or receding?

I took a page out of your book and spent the bulk of my hunt on Saturday on the south faces, and that was where the bulk of the activity was at. We've got just a few inches of snow cover, and it's totally burned off in spots. But, we have another big storm coming in tonight. That heavy covery should keep the other guys in the house, and maybe by President's day, we might be ripe for a good day.

After the bar exam, I'm hitting the shed grounds hard. Major cabin fever.

Ryan, you're asking for major trouble with the traditional bow. I'm warning you. If you get it, you'll be outside flinging arrows like Braveheart all day, and Loretta will have your hide. I have an old Bear recurve, but it's too light - probably a beginner bow. Loads of fun to shoot, but I've lost all my good arrows for it. Need to dig up some more lincoln logs for it. Getting good with it is a huge time commitment, but I know you'd have a blast with it. Troy - I'm surprised that's something that you've never screwed around with yet.

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.