Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team XX check in

elk sheds...

As soon as I get your "PM" of Addy and ELK or Rattles pick.... I will ship them out!
Old 07-01-2006, 02:14 PM

I'm around, trying to unbury myself from farm work... Long spring, way too much time pulling and doctorin calves... Getting ready to enter the duldrums of summer, this fall.. I make no predictions... The one field was changed drastically this spring, the ditch commisioner came in and stripped all the trees around the "stream" that a lot of deer watered in. It will make it easier to glass for deer and give them less cover but I wonder what it will do for movement... ONly time will tell.

Shed, I'll shoot you a pm with addy
Old 07-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome back team,
Congrats Quick, and good luck!!!

Prise package was cool. I was just happy with the win!! But the goodies were cool.

Shed- I did pm ya
Have a good 4th guys.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, thanks thanks.. I have address's for ....quick, rybo, button, bigdaddy, hoosier, ar, and iLrancher,

I made up 6 rattling sets, all I have left to do is inscribe Your initials and HNI CHAMPS...on the rattles and the3 elk sheds... I will get on that tomorrow after work.

Ya know I have been working hard at filming..can't wait to show ya guys...I think your gonna like it...

MIKE/RYBO>>>TWO MORE MONTHS! ..........

XX Brothers..peace out.. I gotta get up and go to work in 5 hours... I am so amped after what I videoed tonight..I can't sleep...
Old 07-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know you are busy and stuff but the suspense of what's on the video is killing me

I'm torn on how fast I want it to get here. I have a lot to still get ready, but I can't wait to get out there.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, spent all day repairing a hydraulic tilt blade cylinder on my cat, I blew out the "o" ring this morning but to make it right my machinest has to fabricate me some parts to get everything working tight and in a straight line, it was due... At 5pmI raced 60 miles away to watch my sons first ever T ball game, he did great and he had a lot of fun!

then I slipped out after the game, (actually made a mad dash for the mountains and at 8 PM...) I got to my spot just in time to video 7 bucks, 2 does and 3 elk...moving out into some alfalfa there were4 good bucks! PY quality 130s to 150s gross. So far I have videoed in 3 different hunting areasof mineand I have found two real hawgs. 160 class grossers..maybe better... they still havetime to grow antlers..here bout 1 month left at the max though. They dont grow much in August here..they pretty much just harden and then shed velvet in late august and early Sept. No giants but some real nice whitetails to target.

I may have saw and videoed "highrack" from last year. I think its him, he will need to grow a bit more so I can see those crab claw fifths ..of his.. I think it is him though...the video is clear but about 400 yards off. I am still looking for Ole Yeller... but like I said I found a couple dandies on my other location. A huge 4x4...21-22 inside ....heavy and long..if he finishes up nicely on his growth he will push 160 gross for a 4x4.. then I think I found the 5x5 (that 72 inch 5 x side shed I found this spring) Looks just like him, hes 20 inside on the video and heavy..of course velvet looks thicker, but I am compensating for that ....anyway.. cant wait to get this video hosted and on ..here..peace out!

They're out there... a guyjust has to put the time in locating them... fun fun fun...

Did you guys get your HNI prizes??? I did tonight ...its very cool.. My wife nabbed the Tiffany signed Scent lokhat right off and said thats mine! she's wearing it around the house. thanks Tiffany..!

HNI staff..thanks so much, very cool gifts! I love it! I will be wearing my HNI hat ASAP and already put the HNI sticker on my Fuel tank that sits in the back of my Dodge..looks sweet! thanks again..for all the sponsers...Nat Gear, Scent Lok, HNI etc...
Old 07-06-2006, 07:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fellas - I will be out on this season's first spotting run in exactly 12 hours. I've been holding off, b/c the bigdeer around here get pretty skittish in front of the lights due to poaching pressure every year, so you have to pick your spots and catch them off guard.

If you start spotting them at 9, they'll stay bedded until 10. If you start waiting until 10, they'll hide until 11. Well, legal spotting hours end at 11:00 here, so if you keep pushing, they'll pattern you right out of the game. Nobody's started spotting yet, and there's enough headgear in place to see what's really lurking. By the end of this month, there will be nonstop spotting traffic patrolling the local bean and hayfields. Usually the big bucks get wise to that and shy away.

We've had two solid days of rain, and a low pressure front has finally pushed through and stabilized. It should be clear tonight with good activity.

I'll take thecamera and camera bino's, hopefully I can get enough light on one of the big boys to catch him on film.

Troy - you'll have to post those videos online somewhere when you get time.

So your boy's into Tee Ball eh? The only thing I remember about Tee Ball was that our coach (my dad) gave each of us ridiculous nicknames (mine was Fireball), then proceeded to paint lines under our eyes with that black tar stuff so that we looked like big leaguers. He had Big League Chew for us too. Funny how you don't remember the games, but all the other stuff. I remember if it wasn't raining,the whole team got to go for ice cream after the game if we won. Once we got to Little League, we graduated fromice cream to sunflower seeds.

So how many of our otherteammates have kids?
Old 07-06-2006, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

2 boys 10 and 8. Bothare into baseball as much as I am into hunting. Ole button may need Tommy John surgery if I keep pitching bp and playing catch every night lol. But I enjoy every minute of it
Old 07-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

So BBM - have the boys pulled the old "Dad, I really don't know how that window got broken" trick yet? If they haven't, it's comin'. Brace yourself.

I'd kill for a kid to pass baseball with. My extendedfamilyis hugeand they have about a million kids, but none of them want to do anything besides play Playstation, pretend to be big skateboarders, talk about Orange County Choppers and ride quads.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:48 PM

I have an almost 4 month old boy and his sister, who is 3 years older than him, almost to the day, lol. Can't wait till either of them gets big enough and strong enough to want to do the sports thing. My daughter tries but she is so tiny it is kind of funny. She is getting there though... Only thing is she swings from being the total girly girl to a tom boy every other week. I guess she has a few more years to figure out what she likes, lol.

Quick, I can relate to the family thing. My nieces and nephews... All they care about is video games.. Or they want to ride my quads around when they come to the farm. Yeah, a 9 year old on a 500 cc quad... sounds like a good idea to me. The one nephew used to love baeball but he has hit the 12 year old range of skateboarding and playstation and is basically one of the most sullen kids I have ever known. Smile... please... Oh well, kids will be kids, I just hope that mine are the sports loving, outdoors loving type kid I was growing up.. Not that I didn't like video games too but everything in balance if you know what I mean.

I got the package... pretty nice but why didn't Justin Autograph the HNI hat? I want to watch the dvd's soon but need to make the time... Searching for a new 200 HP tractor... Fun.

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.