Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team XX check in

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

So BBM - have the boys pulled the old "Dad, I really don't know how that window got broken" trick yet? If they haven't, it's comin'. Brace yourself.
lol, no they haven't done that yet. They have tried to get me to hand over all of my old baseball cards, autographs, etc. I'm hanging on to those for awhile.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, hows everyone doing? Great I hope. We have what you would call a blended family. My wife and I have both been married before, and we both have 1 boy each with our ex's, but none together. I have a 13 year old that lives with his mother in North Dakota. He spends 8 weeks of his summer here with us. He is into Skateboarding, Paintball, PS 2, laying on the couch, and EATING!!!!!!!![&:]And then my Step Son is 9, and he is into Skateboarding, basketball, PS2, and just hanging out outside. His dad lives in Tennesse, but he only spends about 3 weeks at a time down there when he goes. We live in Minnesota, so between sendinig him on a plane to his Dads, and driving to North Dakota to get my Son, our summers are crazy.[:'(]
Old 07-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Hey how is going. I have a little girl she will turn 2 the 20th of this month. She is really fun right now and always wants to be outside with her dad. I love every miniute that I get to spend with her. Here is a picture of her from a while back this was last fall. I will have to upload a new one to show off.

Troy I can't wait to see the video of all those nice bucks. I hope everyone is having a great summer. Talk at you all later.

William
Old 07-06-2006, 08:04 PM

She is a cutie William... But I have one thing to say... Ahhh, rainbow fish.... My daughter loves rainbow fish..lol.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Guys,

William, sweetheart of a daughter you have there!

Its good to see everyone, dang guys before we know it we are gonna have to strap the belts on tight and defend out title!

I took my boy Jess out tonight glassing. We saw 4 bucks. Same ones we've been seeing fairly close to the house, just young fellers.

Got my cat all fixed up and was able to work all day today . I have been clearing a big food plot site for a friend/logging too. We have ridiculous underbrush here. Some of it is 15-20 feet high. We have to doze it, plow up the ground and get all the root systems out, then disc the ground...rake and seed it..Had a bad thunderboomer fly over today, I was keeping my eye on it thinking I had better get off my machine when BAM! a big ole lighting strike hit out in front of me about 500 yards. I bailed and waited out the storm. Its good for the crops though. I'll have all the engraving done this weekend. Thanks again for getting me your addy for the 20th time guys! I finally copied and pasted them here on my home pc.

Well guys have a good one, I doubt I will be around until next Monday or Tuesday. Enjoy your weekends.

Troy

Old 07-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man, Hoosier - she definitely must've got her good looks from her mom. J/K ... and IL - have you been playing with your daughter'sRainbow Fish again?

On the hunting front - I went spotting last night. It didn't really get good and dark until 9:30, and most of the deer that I saw were too far out in the fields to check. I did see one really good buck on the property that I hunt. He looked to be a mainframe 5x5, well past his ears. I'd guess 20" outside.

We saw about 10 other buck, most of which were scrub 6-8 pointers. One oddball looked like he had an antler that was curled back over his ear.

I took a few pictures on the camera bino's, but they're too dark to see. Not a bad night, but I was expecting more. We didn't get to stay out very long, so... better luck next time.

In other news, I dragged outthe bow and target last night and put on the practice muzzy head.
[ol][*]20 yards - dead bullseye.[*]20 yards - dead bullseye.[*]30 yards - bullseye.[*]30 yards - bullseye again. [/ol]
That was it for the bowshooting. No reason to mess with anything.

BigDaddy - next time the boy's in town, go play paintball with him. That's a BLAST. There are paintball parks all around that rent guns. Make sure to play war in the woods. They call it "woodsball." Speedball sucks - that's what they play on TV. Too much shooting and not enough hunting. Woodsball is like hunting - totally awesome.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

On the paintball thing, are the wallyworld guns any good? It looks like fun, but I can't see spending $500 bucks for a gun that will lead to a $5K emergency room visit. [8D]
Old 07-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

My boy says that the guns at wally World would be fine, he has one that he only paid about $60 for, he thinks you could get one there for around $100 and it might even come with the helmet and some other stuff. We might be going on Sunday to play woodsball for the first time this Sunday, I will let you know how it goes.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

So, you animals have any tied up this year or are you going to live the curse of the previous years winners, what was it team so and so?
Old 07-08-2006, 08:29 PM

Quick, the rainbow fish memory game... Yes, I have.

Rob, I plan on matching or bettering my contribution from last year... Going to be tough but I think I can do it

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.