Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread >

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 06:31 PM

Default RE: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

I made my first bow kill yesterday! i shot a doe that has busted me a few times off of some wind swirls.... she came in about 8 30 yesterday morning at 28 yards. i shot her and she jumped the string a little and i hit her a little ways back. i though i might have hit her real far back so i left and went home had breakfast and picked up my g/f to help me track her. came back at 1 started tracking (sorta) but she didn't leave a trail of anything except one broken twig and a few skids about 20 yards from where i shot her. i got lucky and found her about 20 min into tracking her. butchered her when i got home and the freezer is full of meat!!!! now its time to go after a bruiser..... and thats where this pic come is, i got this off my film last night and now its all i can think about.... i have some questions for you guys but will ask them tommorrow im headed back out to the property now to spend the night and get a morning hunt in.

Old 10-24-2005, 06:59 PM

Its not even my property and now he is all I can think about
What an awesome looking buck that you only seem to see in magazines. Have you ever seen him live or is this the first glimpse of him ever? What a gnarled up rack........oh and congrats on the doe.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:28 PM

Now you just need to show him with you holding that rack. Man that would help our team score, NO PRESSURE or anything. Congrats on the doe.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Congratz on the frezzer meat,,,Now, WOW, that is one impressive mass of antler, Have you ever seen him before? I wish he was on my property,, He will make a mighty fine trophey, What character he has. Good luck getting him,, now where exactly did you see him and when can I come and hunt with you?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:48 AM

Holy **** look at that thing.I about made a mess in my pants when I seen the picture.I am home from work sick as a dog today and now I am hinking about going out and hunting.Will get in trouble with the wife for it if I do.but tonight is the first frost warning of the year and it would be a good evening to hunt.but oh well I highly doubt I see a buck as fine as that one.I wish you all the luck even away from the contest.That is certainly a fine and once in a life time buck.Good luck.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:38 PM

Going to be out of town this weekend.My weekend with my daughters so I wont be around this weekend.
Hope you all have some great luck.Hopefully see someone got one this weekend.And as always be safe.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:01 PM

i might be jumping a head of the game, but i have a few questions. first off i will be praying all day in stand tomorrow to see that buck i posted a pic of on the other side of my pin. but my question is how do i go about scoring that deer? and do non typicals like him count for the contest?
Old 10-27-2005, 07:31 PM

Im headed to Illinois Monday afternoon....... be back in 2 weeks....
Old 10-29-2005, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Yes he will count, and you just score him like you would anyother buck, I believe, good luck on connecting on him.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:40 PM

Yeah he will be more difficult to score, but if you find yourself with the problem of figuring out his score...then you have a good problem!!

I have off Monday - Friday this week and four days off the following week. I plan to sit all day, unfortunately its supposed to be in the mid 50's. Comfortable, but maybe too warm for midday chasing.

Quick Reply: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.