HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2005-deer-hunting-contest-bow-72/)
-   -   Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2005-deer-hunting-contest-bow/111204-official-team-bag-em-drag-em-29-thread.html)

Bowfreak4life 09-01-2005 11:30 AM

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Hey, everyone, Lets checkin here, And get this party started..
1) Bowfreak4life

TEXAN_OKIE 09-01-2005 02:02 PM

RE: Official Team (29) Thread

let the party begin
1) Bowfreak4life
2) TEXAN_OKIE

Illinois Bowhuntin 09-01-2005 02:50 PM

I am here
1)Bowfreak4life
2)Texan_Okie
3)Illinois Bowhuntin
Since we are the last chance guys I was thinking about a name like Last Light Monarchs or something to that effect.Let me knwo what you all think.I will work on a logo for us as soon as we figure out what name we are going to be.
I guys I will start out with who I am.My name is Albert Burgess I live in Southern Illinois.Been bow hunting for 6 years now and always gun hunted before that.I shoot a Hoyt MagnaTec.Low I have 2 P&Y bucks under my belt with this bow.I have some monsters running around my hunting ground and plan on adding a 3rd maybe a4th mount to my collection this year.Will be married 5 years tomorrow.I am 36 years old HAve 3 daughters who hunt and fish with me every chance they get.My middle daughter will sit all day on stande with me.Nothing better then that.She will be a future bow hunter herself.She is getting a bow for X mas.I also have a step son who bow hunts and yet to bag his forst bow kill.He will get it this year I am already sure of that.Also have a step daughter.

Bowfreak4life 09-01-2005 03:27 PM

Ok my turn then,, My name is Daryl Bryerton, I live in the southerntier of NY,, Iam 33yrs old, I have been bow hunting for 5yrs now, I have gotten a buck every year except my first year,, I am a professional musician, I play bass guitar in a HeavyMetal band, Don't hold that aganist me,,:D I have a wounderful girlfriend, No kids yet,, I shoot a Parker, @ 60# I use Buckmaster carbons, with Muzzy 100gr Broad heads, And I look forward to winning this contest with my new found hunting friends.. I liked the idea of the second chance type name,, I think we should all come up with 3 names and vote on the best one.. Here are my three,
Ok i will have to think a little harder,,, Sorry
One more thing,, Happy anniversiary Illinois Bowhuntin

eightwgt 09-01-2005 05:44 PM

Heya guys.......

Just checkin in..... I see we have a team....

We need to email the other guys and see what we have. Let me know whats going on and how I can help.....

My name is Tom - I am 41, live in Jacksonville, originally from Illinois and I hunt Indiana every year on a friends land.... I have a place to hunt that is well... pretty good !! - I hunt with an AR34, Magnus Stinger heads, Gorilla tree stands, and tie on ladders I made. I also hunt with a recurve (no sights) I made.....its a hybrid actually but I will only use it on a doe...... Been hunting since high school although only got back into deer hunting 6 years ago - I have taken a deer every year since - all with a bow - all 8 point or better 200 lb + The deer in the avatar was last year and is as big as he looks... and Im hunting a bigger one than him this year.... ;)

Thats about it....

Tom

[email protected]

PAhunterJEN 09-01-2005 05:45 PM

1) Bowfreak4life
2) TEXAN-OKIE
3) Illinois Bowhuntin
4) PAhunterJEN

Hi Guys! PAhunterJEN checking in....
My name is Jennifer and I live in Armstrong Co. PA. I'm a 38 yr. old female. This will be my fifth year hunting and my fourth bowhunting. I have three doe bowkills (well, one was a BB) so far. I have yet to get a buck with bow or gun so I am way overdue. The time is ripe for me to get my buck. It's a little rough here though considering in my part of PA we need to get at least fours points to one antler. I've had to let a few smaller bucks walk. I'm a southpaw using a Reflex @ 53# with PSE Carbon Force Dominators and Muzzy 100's. So far I've seen a few nice shooters at the salt lick and a neighbor reported seeing a large 10 point. I have 32 mostly wooded acres adjoining two farms. These woods have been great bedding areas and I see most of the deer in the morning. Just had a treestand built and should have it attached to the tree this weekend. Also, I hung my game cam last week and I'm due to check my results. If there's anything good I will post the pics.
I sure hope you guys don't mind having a gal on the team. Please don't think I'm bad luck. LOL Two years ago I helped to win the Turkey contest here at HuntingNet.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and I'm sure we will have fun.:)

Oh, thought of a team name... SHARP SHOOTERS ...but of course, I'm happy with whatever y'all choose.

eightwgt 09-01-2005 06:49 PM

NAME IDEAS

Last Night Monarchs
?

Illinois Bowhuntin 09-01-2005 07:23 PM

ok so we have 5 down5 to go.I guess I can look them all up and PM them was well as email them.I am hoping we dont have to ask for a alternate since there are none left.I actually find it good luck to have a woman on the team.If need be I can have my step son sign up and we can use him if we need a laternate.I already have his stand site set up.It is perfect and is visited daily by both deer and turkey.It is al;most within rock throwing distance of my home.I can look out my windows and see them every eveing.I know there is a moster 12 pt from last year that was smarter then me.I should of had my stand in this tree.If so he would be on my wall now.I have been seeing 3 P&Y bucks from my favorite stand almost daily.As well i hunt a apple peach black and blue berry as well as grapes and tomatoe orchard all in one.I had 3 P&Y there last year nothing close enough during shooting hours though.This year I know where they are coming out of the woods and am hangning a stand 100 yards inside them this weekend.Just happens to be a white oak flat there also.
As for the names I dont mind if we come up with a few and then vote.So start thinking and we do kinda need to find one soon so I can make our logo and get it posted.I can go ahead and get it started though.Will work on one tonight and tomorrow and post it so you all can say if you like it or not.
I am off to PM and start emailing members of our team.Will talk to you all later.We can also do some tlaking in the chat room if any of you are interested I stop in there a lot also.

eightwgt 09-01-2005 07:35 PM

Anyone wanna see the deer Im hunting - a video from last year and now you should see him =) By the way - he is about 150+

www.inshorepowerboats.com/deer.html

Buzz_boy 09-01-2005 07:48 PM

I am in. Wooo Hoooo. I got drawn for Ripley hunt this year so hopefully I can bring a nice on in.