Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread >

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 01:26 PM

Default RE: Official Team (29) Thread

Jen

What a beautiful photo. Land looks simular to area I hunt. You should be able to set up quite nice there !!
Old 09-15-2005, 02:02 PM

I would set up somewhere by the creek and the aple trees wind permitting.If you set up high enough in your stand the wind shouldnt be a problem.or if you have scent lock you should be ok also.I would guess they are traveling the creek bottom big time.Also in the picture I would set up about 50 yards inside the oak on the left corner where you see a tree line coming back at you from the picture looks like a bottleneck there for the deer.That is certainly a great hunting spot.Has everything water down below acorns apples corn and oats.PARADISE!!!!!!!!! Good luck and get a good one for us.Hopefully atleast a 100 incher for your first buck and some major help for the team.Did you all see the 36 2/8 in buck mathewsboy got.LOL might not get to sscore it with only having the head and all.But lower scoring for the other team is what we need to see.I know we ALL can do much better then that.If not take what you can and we will get it all added up to a nice score.Good luck everyone I have something like 15 more days and a wake up.I got rained out today might head out to the woods this evening if I cant talk to wife into going with me to gander mountain this evening to get my acces for my bow.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:10 PM

Well lets see if I canget these to show.these are my bucks from the last 6 years here in Southern Illinois.The pictures dont do them much justice.They are from my cell phone.Wife has digital at her work she uses it for her students projects during the school year.None of these bucks score under 135.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:13 PM

Now you all can see what kind of bucks I am looking for and what kind of score to expect out of me.Now granted I do not get one of these every year.But it will be close might have to wait till the end of the season though for something.I dont get picky going into the last week of the season.LOL
Old 09-15-2005, 06:55 PM

Thought I would post somephotos and toposof the properties I am hunting, quite a mix of wooded and ag land. Cant wait for the season to start so we can starttalking aboutwhat we are seeing.

Old 09-15-2005, 06:58 PM

Very nice bucks Ill and Jen that is some great looking country!
Old 09-15-2005, 07:44 PM

Mn on that first map.I do believe I would set up along those tracks and see where they are crossing at.I have always seen a lot of great looking bucks around railroad tracks.Plusyou have a hell of a long way down either side to see where they are.On the last map I would set up on that on the one tree line running north to south from top corner of property line and the other tree line running east and west 2/3rds of the way down on the left side.I dont know if those are actually tree lines or just some blury stuff on the map since the lines on the topo map are running through there also.Great looking funnels there that SHOULD see some good activity during the rut f they are actually there and especially during the pre rut.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:12 PM
Spike

North 4 checking in. Spent some time on stand last weekend. Didn't see any movement and very little sign at one of my hotspots. Mosquitoes are thick right now and I expect that the deer are laying low until after dark to avoid the little biters. Cooler weather will definitely improve that situation. Darn nice deer taken by TJF on Team 13. I hunt in that part of the state a few times each year and I have seen more like that one. Hoping to tag one myself. All for now.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Hey just poppin in to see how everyone is doing,, looks like you all got some nice looking land to hunt around,, Saw that buck againg the other day, I think I got him patterned (for now) still a few weeks till opener, man I cant wait.. It seems the closer it gets the longer the day takes to pass.. oh well. it will be here soon enough.. talk to you all later...
Old 09-16-2005, 09:57 PM

MN opens tomorrow but unfortunately I will be at work. Four days off next weekend, beans arent picked yet, so that is where I will be.

Quick Reply: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.