Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread >

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 05:29 AM

Default RE: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

NIce to have some ability to let down and make sure you get a bood buck for the contest.He is one that needs to be culled after you get a good one for your first.I am heading out now good luck all.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:09 AM

No plans on culling him. Between gun and bow hunting combined, in MN you are allowed to tag one antlered deer total. If I would have tagged him, my gun license becomes anterless only and any bow tags I have left become anterless. If it was December, he would have been down, but because of some trail cam pics and the coming rut, I couldnt do it. Good Luck all.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:07 AM

Then I would agree you made the right choice.Good luck.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:04 PM

Man..... Im not posting in here any more - I cant even get a laugh out of you guys ! Lighten up some guys.......... This team stuff is supposed to be fun....
Old 10-23-2005, 07:50 PM

It is fun.But getting shut out a few times gets to us all.I have been having a great time hutning.seeing some smaller deer that will be shooters in a couple more years.Animals in the woods doing silly things.Me in the woods looking likea fool at times.its all fun.............
Old 10-24-2005, 06:45 AM

Illinois

Yes I know how it is to get 'shut out' - but I always try to learn from a shut out also and dont look at it like a shut out.... When I sit and evening or morning and dont see anything nearby I glass a LOT and see if I can pickup deer movement and note when and where and try to predict if I ne another stand up or if I may be getting winded way downwind somehow...

try tying sewing thread in front of trails - check it on way to - from stand. They will be broken if a deer passes and can help pattern deer....

Where in Illinois are you ??? Im headed to Danville next week....
Old 10-24-2005, 09:49 AM

I took a pic of a trail camera pic of this guy I got on film in late August. He is a reason to be very selective this yearI think!! He has been seen once in hard antler.

Old 10-24-2005, 03:36 PM

That is one fine looking mature buck right there.Wow.I would be holding out for him also.Not to often you find a P&Y class 8 pointer.Look at the length of all those tines also his brow tines are long too.I could go on and on.He looks to have good mass also.but you always cant tell with the velvet on but he looks like he will have plenty of mass.I bet he will look even bigger when his neck is all swollen from the rut.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:40 PM

I'm pretty sure he is a nine or a ten point. Look close at his rightantler and you can see 5 individuals tops of points (including brow) and i believe his left side has 5 points also. Look at his G2, its very thick and then suddenly gets narrow at the top. I think that is the end ofthe G3andthe G2continues a little taller, making him a ten. I know theright antlerhas 5 points but I'm still debating on the left. Maybe he is a nine.

I think he just makes my minimum standards, but I'll have to look closer.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

WOW<< It almost looks as if the tine is going to split, making it a fork, I think he might be a nine, nonthe less he is still a good healthy mature buck. Hope you get him.. and by the way Eightwgt it was strawberry milkshake, LOL,, but she will tast very gooooooood.. with some garlic and onion,,, oh yeah cant for get the peppers... yummmmm...

Quick Reply: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.