Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Double X" (20)

Old 02-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team "Double X" (20)

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO
HERE WE GO STEELERS.
SUPER BOWL CHAMPS. THIS CITY IS NUTS. WHAT A COOL THING TO BE A PART OF.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rybo - I've never seen the city go crazy like that before. That was absolutely awesome. Are you going to the parade tomorrow? Unfortunately, I will be stuck in the office, so I won't be able to attend.

Now, if only Pitt canget over the hump and reachthe Final Four.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:03 AM

I am definitely in for next year!!!

Old 02-07-2006, 08:19 PM

Hey guys, sorry off line for so long. Moved and switched computers and had a hard time getting into the acount that had the passwords for two forums, this being one of them. Looks like things are settling out now..

As far as the being back for next year.. Well I promise to be back for the next contest and I can guarentee my inches added to the team score will be as many or perhaps even more next year than I did this year.. I know, I know, it is aiming hight to match or beat zero inches...

Anthony
Old 02-08-2006, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats again to our Double X Pa guys for the Superbowl win.

Nice to see we will all likely be returing next fall to defend our title..
Old 02-08-2006, 09:52 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: shed33

Nice to see we will all likely be returing next fall to defend our title..
Returning to defend your tittle?? It's like you guy's think you have this contest beat!! Geesh!!

Congratsto team XXona great year of hunting and taking the contest!!!

Tim
Old 02-13-2006, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Team,

I just wanted to check in, I hope everyones winter is going well. I have been hard at it shed hunting and scouting. I have found 16 sheds so far, I am working on a journal entry with pictures, I will post it after this long weekend i have coming up. I also had a good friend and landowner that lets me hunt his land give me a great tip on a monster buck on another piece of land he owns, he said he wants me to hunt him..and can hunt this spot .... I am meeting him this weekend to check the piece of ground out where he saw the buck in late december.

elk hunters, Ryan and Mike I saw 18 cows this weekend while scouting and 2 bulls! 1 wolf too! grrrr

Troy
Old 02-24-2006, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Scouting for 2006 has officially begun. Last night, I took a ride out to my hunting grounds with the spotlight (legal here) - anyway, I have reason to be VERY optimistic for this fall.

There are 2 fields visible from the road, each within1/4 - 3/4 mile of my favorite stand location. In the first field, I counted 28 antlerless deer (in one huge herd),with one antlered buck, a small 8 pointer with both sides still on. There were some other mighty large deer in that group, but I can't say with any certainty whether they were bucks that had already dropped the headgear.

In the second field (which is much, much larger, and encompasses both sides of the road), I saw 4 groups, ranging from4 to 8 deer. The last herd had 8 deer, with FOUR antlered. Two of those bucks were really nice, but each was only sporting one antler that was to, orpast, the ear. I'd surmise that they would have been in the 120 range this year, with both sides on. The other two bucks were scrubs - one was a 4-6 point with both sides, and the other was a one-sided 3-4 point.

So, that makes at least 5 bucks and about 40 doewithin one mile of my stand, as the crow flies. Needless to say, I'm pretty pumped about it. I'm sure there were more deer out there, because there are a few fields and corners that aren't visible from the road. It's gonna be a long7 months. Those velvet knobs can't sprout fast enough.

Troy - I'm lookin' forward to reading that journal entry and seeing pics of your sheds. The closest thing to a shed that I've found so far were 2 dead bucks. I've only been out twice, b/c I was studying for the Bar exam again.

BB - How's that new job workin' out for ya?

Rybo (and anyone else interested) - Be advised that we ARE going turkey hunting this spring.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I start the new job Monday. I can't wait. Between that and turkey season, spring can't get here fast enough lol
Old 02-24-2006, 09:13 AM

The deer are still around here now... Was driving through my field a couple mornings ago, around 6 am or so, and caught some movement out of the corner of my eye. Took my eyes and sleepy mind a few seconds to realize what I was seeing but it was a group of 14-16 (They were hustling) antlerless deer hauling butt across the field in front of me. They hopped a fence and than ran into one of my empty pastures and stood at the top of a hill watching me.. Nice to see them.

Went shed hunting a couple times, haven't found anything but that is okay.. If nothing else it is a chance for me to get some exercise.. The dogs have a good time and they help, really they do. Mostly in finding dead deer to role in..

Quick Reply: Official Team "Double X" (20)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.