Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Double X" (20)

Old 10-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 20 offical thread

Troy
Bravo Bravo Bravo,very nice buckTroy,looks to be spotted a bit,does it have some piebald to him? Give my best to Dee and the kids. Drop me a line when you have some time.
Youngfart [8D]

Hey Rocky.. naw must be the lighting..hes actually got real gray/dark almost black face..really nice throat patch.. and he was already swollen in his neck and man did he stink from rub urination over his hocks.. thanks bud...troy
Old 10-19-2005, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey,

I once again need to apologize for not getting right back to you all. I am just burried in CATCH up work ..here at school. Missing a couple days of work really puts me behind!!! LMAO and My wife and I are going on a little vaction as of today for my birthday this weekend! So I am gonna be more and more behind. I hope I have a job when I get back!!!!!

Quick yes, I got to watch this guy for almost 10 minutes Iwould estimateas he slowly made his way my way..I know when I told the story I fast forwarded things a bit as I was long windedenough as usual..but honestly for me ..getting to seeHIM for a long time really CALMED me... I got over the first initial rush of adrenaline..I really settled down this way...so for me it really worked out perfect. As for wounds..Quick as you will notice in all my photos I am one that really trys to clean a deer up and make the pictures clean...Thats just me, I dont like all the bloody parts in my photos.....like werea personguts them and or where the exit hole bleeds all over...ALSO I made sure to shoot those close ups of his rack..because I didnt wan to be QUESTIONED 1000 times about his score..I FELT that BUCKEYE was unfarily attacked last year on his big 160 classbuck....I actually have every tine length and measurment I thought about posting with the initial post...but got sick of typing! My buck is getting officially scored by py at my taxidermist in 60 days. He will lose a good bit on net..but I dont care...I wont enter him in py like I havent my others..but I like to have an official score anywhoo...I have a wall in my classroom labeled MR P'Sworld..of hunting photos..and the kids hunters or kids that are non hunters...I try to make sure that the 1000's of kids that pass through my room over the past 10 years and 20 years to come..........see that hunting can be presented in a very tasteful way. I say this because the hunter kids...they dont mind and never will.....but the on the fence or NON hunter kids and familys that visit my room...I try to make a good impression on them ...I have had many parents comment on my photos over the years and compliment me on that fact that there isnt blood all over...I even have a very close teacher friend that was an ANTI HUNTER...hardcore.. really gain a respect for the way I hunt as she says..versus just killing...anyway you get the picture..I usually wipe any blood off the cape the best I can when taking pics as well.. You can see in my photo of my buck thats straight on and up close that I cleaned all the blood off his left front shoulder area.. This buck washeavy bodied..250+lbs...I had to gut him right there and garbage bag the guts and pack them out seperately.so I cut all the belly portions out too,i just dont like looking at that..in my personal photos..call me wierd....the buck was 215 dressed..should have seen mepulling himup onmy quad! LMAO

THANKS TO ALL... YOU'RE COMPLIMENTS MEAN A LOT TO ME. LIKE I SAY I KNOW THERE ARE MANY GREAT WHITETAIL HUNTERS,I JUST HAPPEN TO LIVE IN A NICE AREA THAT HOLDS SOME BIG DEER AND I PUT SOME TIME IN.

For the rest of my team, I wish you guys the best of luck, keep after it, I think I have put in almost 30 hunts counting mornings and nights...this season thus far and have passed up somenice bucks..before I got this guy. I will be gone until Monday. I am taking my wife elk and deer hunting for my bday! just she and I for 3 days.. Its all about her this weekend..I wont even be packing a weapon.

Next week I am focusing on OLE YELLER..I am seriously thinking I will leave highrack alone..he'll be a monster next year if he makes it.. dont give me hard time though if I cant hold off on highracker.. if I should get the chance!!!

Good luck Team 20! if we all harvest a deer, we can win this thing..dang I will be making rattling antlers out the ying yang!!!

Old 10-19-2005, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Troy, I didn't know you were a teacher. What grade do you teach?

My fiancee just got her Master's in Education and is trying to find work - she just got a long-term subbing gig in second grade. Pretty fulfilling work, with a good work schedule and good bene's. Kids are pretty funny, which keeps it interesting.

Youngsters really are impressionable, and you can make a difference. There are a lot of bad parents out there, and every little bit of good influence helps. Kids like looking at pictures and hearing stories from the wilderness. I don't know why, but it's really easy to connect with them when you recount the tales from afield. That's really cool that you do that for them. Whether they grow up to be hunters or not, it gives them a chance to see that hunters aren't all "cavemen," and that it can be a challenging and rewarding pastime. Also, you probably give them real-life examples of how science and nature really works, which makes the information easier to digest.

What do the rest of you guys do for a living? ...and do you like it?

I work at a law office representing injured workers and personal injury clients. We handle some property and municipal stuff as well, but not so much. I didn't pass the PA bar (just missed by a few points...grrr...), so I'm still the "Law Clerk" - "paralegal" - at least until the re-take in February. I like this work, it's interesting, and you get to help people that need help. Some are your stereotypical scumbags trying to beat the system, but most are decent people who have real injuries and real economic losses. Sometimes, you can get lost in the details, and that's why I'm on here so often. My brain can't go full-tilt for 8-10 hours straight. I need to "take 10" at least once per hour.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:22 AM

My profession is my handle so there you go..... Might be changing a bit over the enxt few years but it will always have at least some of the cattle involvement..Yes, I enjoy my profession a great deal. I used to have aspirations of other things but this kind of fell into my lap and am not going to question why it did..

Wasn't around last year for the whole Buckeye situation but I heard about it after the fact.. I find it a shame that we can't just congraulate each other on a job well done and instead get into these petty disagreements and jealosy. It appears as if Deerslayer might be getting a bit of the same treatment (Although I haven't seen any of the comments that he seems to be alluding to in his "field pics" posting. I will never understand it. Again congrats on the buck, he is a beauty.

Old 10-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quick,

You hit the nail on the head in that first paragraph in regards to children. I have always known you're a bright fella, just by reading your posts...I commend you forthe line of work your doing..helping others in need..Teaching as your Fiancee is doing..is very rewarding work...I definately find myself thinking and strategizing creative ways to paint a healthy picture of huntingto the non hunters and anti hunters. The two maingripes I hear about hunting is, the "KILL/CAVEMAN persona and the MOCHO...ego thing...which drives manypeople away. Especially those that really don't know a lot about hunting. I have been able to make some great relationships and use teaching of many character traits through hunting...Hunting is such a powerful and positive tool for kids if used wisely....I teach 8th grade health and weights/outdoor recas of right now. Iget to teach archery in myoutdoor class! cool eh???I have a couple degrees, one in Kinesiology and the other a minor in Biology. I have been teaching for (going on) 11 years now. I have taught bio and life science as well in the past and was for 7 years a football coach, 5 of those a head coach and loved it dearly but didn't like sacrificing my hunting time for football, and football at the H.S. level is a 365 day a year job these days if you want to be competative...so I hung that up for myfamily when I got married and forhunting purposes as well. My wife was a D-1 volleyball head assistant at SMS and hung it all up to...for rasing a family ...she now teaches two doors down from me...math at the 7th grade level.....I also have my own business... Pottenger Property Enhancement... I log and put in food plots for private land owners. I started this 5 years ago and it's kept me very busy outside of teaching. and last I am the KING of fragmented sentences as you can see... SHHHH

Spotlighting is illegal here Quick unless you get a permit for yotes...I felt this buck was around..I just hadnt seen him and I have been spendingthe majority of my time hunting thole yeller area...Igot this buck 15 miles from the ole yeller area..The bases are in the high fours...4 6/8s on the right side and 4 and change....I can't remember off the top of my head exactlyon the other..I have a score card at home..sorry...

He ended up almost exact in inches on each side even though his configuration is different....the right side is basically a bigger 5x mainframe with a 1 1/8 inch 6th...while the left is a little shorter and less massive with a LONG extra 6th point.. he tallied 74 7/8's on his left...and 75 1/8 on his right... add in an 18 2/8ths inside..and you get the 168 2/8ths...gross..
Old 10-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey IL,

I grew up a loggers son and dad was a part time cattle rancher.. My gramps was a bigger cattle rancher and my uncle in Montana is a huge cattle rancher..I think he owns about 75,000 acres..and has thousands of critters...something crazy like that!!!!! anyway, all that to say... I spent my younger years..feeding, branding and all that stuff. We had a very small ma and pa...dad and mom..operation.. 25 head..a year.. on 50 acres.. we would buy in the spring and sell in the fall..steers..I enjoyed the cattle and learned a lot of respect for that line of work..Hats off to you..
Old 10-19-2005, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am the general manager of a radio station in Southern IL, about an hour east of St Louis. I've been in radio off and on, mostly on, for 10 years. I sold life insurance for a year and a half in 2001-02, and hated it. I've been here since 2002 and really enjoy what I do. I haven't been out in woods since Sunday am, I took the wife with me. It was the first time that she had been able to go with me in 3 years, we saw a doe at 5 yards, I let her walk because it was warm and didn't want to have to butcher it in a mad rush to beat the heat. She had a good time, as did I. I am working on closing on the new house and 30 acres, hope to be in it by mid November, and the realtor sold my house yesterday for full asking price?!?!?. I think I owe her a beer LOL. My house was listed for a whopping 13 days before it sold, better to be lucky than good I guess.[8D]
Old 10-19-2005, 01:35 PM

Well, troy, I love my job except days like today.. Got a touch of the flu and am basically just beat up right now.. More from being sick than from work but it feels about the same... Should be better in a day, usually am a very quick healer.

My mom was a teacher before my brother and Icame along. Can't even describe what my dad does and my Grandparents..Well, one was a full bird colonel in the Army (A surgeon mind you) until he retired from that and got a different job. Used to own a 1000 head cattle farm in Nebraska but not anymore.. He does things..

Hey, if you hear of a big old ranch like your uncles going up for sale out there let me know.. FIL is in the market, lol.

Old 10-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am a process engineer at a circuit board manufacturer. I detest my job. Looking for another but not very successful at finding one yet.
But on a good note, I'mleaving work now to get a little hunting in.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

TROY----Congrats on a beautiful whitetailYou never cease to amaze me,awesome,just awesome.Now send a little of your luck my way bud
Jason

Quick Reply: Official Team "Double X" (20)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.