Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Double X" (20)

Old 08-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 20 Thread

Hi Guys - had to come in for a meeting and thought I would say Hi

Quick - we use 3/8 inch grade 8 bolts that are 8 inches long - got a special bit that does a perfect job. Put them in the tree at an angle and they are ready to go. Also you can easily take them out as you leave (or at least some of them to make it harder for anyone to have access to the stand).

With the shirts - I have no preference with the name.

My bow - PSE SR-1000 Infinity @ 72 lbs Cabelas Carbon Stalker Arrows (Beeman ICS) and NAP spitfires / Muzzy 4 blade 100gr heads.Think I will go to the 3 blade heads.

I will try to loada jpg file - was screwing around last weekend with a thought for a logo(or possibly something to incorporate into a logo) - see if it works.

Better run - talk to you later.

Mike
Old 08-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

Will try another time - it said it uploaded??

Old 08-25-2005, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

OK I will press my luck - and try the other one...
Big Bucks Big Bucks - No Whammies (see if any of the senior members of our clan catch that one)

Old 08-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Guys,

I like that XX antler look, now it just needs all dressed up with some other whitetailin' artifacts and our names? LOL

Quick, I too use a cordless drill and make pilot holes. I use regular ole screw in steps and can hang a stand pretty fast. I have a belt with all my tools for stand hanging as well. This keeps everything close. I have a small diameter rope attached my drill to hang it from branches or the steps. I always wear gloves and can get more leverage on my steps. I have found that the angle and depth (shallow)of the pilot hole is crucial to ease of putting the step in efficiently. I always have a folding hand saw in my pocket. I usually take a bungy cord with me too incase I need to attach my folding saw to a long limb for cutting limbs out of reach this works great ..the bungy/limbmethod!
and I don't have to pack a long pole in/out..for trimming.

I use a climber for certain scenarios as well and my all time favorite tree stand system.... Its a "nontypical" with "rapid rails" This system is outstanding for pretty much any situation. I can put this up in 10 minutes max and take it down in less than five. This is also by far the quitest tree stand I have ever used. I have built 5 stands as well. They are heavy (plywood, carpet)but very sturdy cadilacs to set in!

Hoosier, I love my cummings! I am certified in Kinesiology and Biology. I currently am teaching 8th grade Health/Science, Weights, and Outdoor Recreation. Best of luck to your wife. Teaching is a rewarding job in many aspects. I really enjoy it. Of course I have to run a side business to make any money!

Well guys I better get, time to shoot the bow this evening..Have a good one everyone

Troy
Old 08-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Friday Evening here, Howdy Team XX

2 guys left to check in! I reported this to Rob and we could have alternates soon.

Lets get our logo finalized fellas. I think the XX antler look could be cool with some added attributes. Anyone want to tackle finalizing this logo? Speak up or we can use RattleSnakes...My wife is pretty good with PaintShop I will see if she can work with this XX antler look.. as well..
Old 08-26-2005, 07:47 PM

Hello again everyone...I definitely haven't been on the forum as much as I would like but that's life.

I think the tee shirts sound like a great idea. Either name HNI or first names will be fine with me. By the way I think I forgot to introduce myself - it's Jeff. The logo looks great and somebody mentioned adding a little more detail to the front. I don't know if it could be done but I think it would look sweet with a skull rack shadowed and then the "XX" on top of it. I don't know if I described that well enough but I can't think of any other way. Regardless...Let me know how much and where to send it.

Oh yeh...scouting. I've been getting out about 3 times a week. I have some really great property that I've hunted since I was a yound lad and there is always at least one or two bucks roaming around that are 135 classand up. However, I have yet to see one. Sign is good and a lot of young bucks - 13 I counted the other night in the same field. The bad thing is none of them were older than 2 y/o. That's perfect becauseeven if someonehunting the land neighboring us shoots 6of them over the next 2 years, thatstill leaves plenty of monsters in four years.

Anyway, mywife is gone this weekend visiting one ofher best friendsso I'mstaying home with two little girls (4 and 14mths). I was suppose to go to a shoot on Sunday morning but I don'tthink I'm going to make it. Well, I hope all is well with everyone andif I get some free time this weekend I will post some pics.

One last thing....
I'm a FORD Truck man...That's all I drive!!!!
I have a 99 F250Lariat SuperDuty (Off Road).
Old 08-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff,

thanks for the reply.. I think that would look cool to in regards to the XX ..have a shadow of a buck in the background? is that what your saying? Fords? lol ...just kidding I own a Ford too.. my wifes rig... She loves it! I use to have a 73 high boy .... man I wish I still had that ole beast... It had a 428 in it and was just a cool pickup!

It sounds like you have a nice place to hunt, I am sure there are some ole smart bucks around just waiting to enter the area after dark... Best of luck putting an arrow in one!

Hey when does your archery seasons run? I will post them on the list as I have done with everyone else that has checked in. Thanks..

Your playing MR> MOM this weekend, sounds like me on Sunday..I am doing the same with my boys. Good luck with those girls! I have a 2 and 4 year old, both boys.. all BOY..let me tell you.. man can they tear stuff up!

Well guys everyone have a great weekend, I am working tomorrow then off at about noon. I start at daylight..so work is over by 1 or 2 each day! lots of time to scout and set up stands in the summers.... I have to go back to teaching next week the 31st. I am looking forward to it. I get to hunt Opening day the 30th and will be taking the day off from my logging job! I have a good chance at a velvet buck...Then other than weekendsafter the 30th I will be mostly evening hunting....oh and a few cough cough sick days..and personal days!

keep the rubber side down this weekend!

Troy
Old 08-26-2005, 09:35 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

cough, cough sick days
That sounds kind of fishy. I am telling your principle!! Actually Tyler gets a few " cough, cough days "from school. Surprising how taking him out hunting or shed hunting always makes him feel better. I am thinking it is the fresh air. Wife always has a fit but I tell her it is my day for teaching him and the best way is on a field trip.

Tim

Old 08-26-2005, 10:02 PM

I am not on your team guys might be added as a alternate if I am lucky.But to save space for more detail to your signature you could shadow the XX over each other to make it look like 2 of them saving room for other cool stuff.I work with paintshop some so I might do something tomorrow if I have time and see if you all like it.I love doing things like that Might even ,ake one that moves or something.PM me if you want me to take a crack at something for you.Good luck during the season and with the contest.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:33 PM

OK Shed I got a idea for one but will take me a day or 2 to do.Going to have a very short clip of a bow kill.Something short and sweet.will post link here and send you a PM with it Shed.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Double X" (20)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.