Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread >

Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 1 Thread

Hey yall. Just checking in again. Not too much happening around here. I thinking about taking a bow with me instead of my rifle for the opener of our gun season. If I don't score there, I got a couple un-touched honeyholes that probably won't be pressured, so I think i'll be able to get away with taking a bow in the woods. Games not over till the fat lady sings.. Hopefully I can put a couple points on the board for us.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Glad to hear your still hanging in there BJ ,hopefully you get a big one for us .I'll be out tomorrow morn since the weather forcast is that it's going to start getting colder in the morning and calling for snow by evening ,so just maybe the deer will be moving in the morn like this morning .I was on my way to work and i was watching the field's as I turned my attention back to the road a huge buck crossed right in front of me ,he was huge in body and his neck was swollen big time with his nose to the ground ,I don't think he even seen me ,if he had I'm sure he would have stopped and I never had a chance to stop or even swurve from hitting him ,it was inch's and my truck would have had some serious damage .

nubo
Old 11-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Fork Horn

Well I'm back!! I think I might need theropy(sp?) to make it throught the night at work!![:'(]

I did have a real good vacation and managed to put another fine Illinois buck on the ground!I like being done buck hunting be for the gun weekend.

Heres a couple pics of him, he is a 130 inch 8pt.

Old 11-20-2005, 10:42 PM
Fork Horn

Oh yeah, congrats on a great buck Bullshooter!! WAY TO GO!!
Old 11-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ILL BUCK you are a killing machine brother. Congrats thats one dandy 8pt i can only dream of harvesting one like that. Good luck fella's. I sence one of you scoring some horns for us here really soon.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:51 PM

Hey all, I have been away for a while and I see some have had success. Good going bullshooter that is a dandy. My rifle season just ended so, I feel it is safe to go backout again and try again in the late bow season. They missed a dandy on the property I hunt during rifle so, I still have some opportunities to harvest a big one, but my sights now turn to even medium sized racks. I'm off this weekend so off to the woods I go.
Good Luck All!!
Old 11-22-2005, 06:11 PM

con grats Ill Buck and BULLSHOOTER I have not checked in lately because ive been out in the woods in search of the right buck. I got to go last weekend and had a great timee but in the end i was let down>>>>> i went out to hunt a stand in between a highly used field and a pond and it was a boutdark so i said what the heck ill throw down a grunt to see if anything would show up. And no more than ten seconds later a 150" class 10 pointer came strooling through my set up.
He got a tree between his sight and me so i drew up he traveled a little bit more and i got hiss attention with a mouth grunt i settled my 25 yd. pin right behind his shoulder and released. He ran off in the woods. I got down out of the stand to check my arrow and to my amazement and disbelief there was not a single drop of blood or grain of hair on it. I was so ticked off. I guess Buck Fever claimed another victory!!! even though rifle seasons already begun here im still after that giant with my Bow.
Best to all, Happy Thanksgiving,
and oh yeah Go Team 1 Autumn Ninjas!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I'm back out this weekend ,hopefully Fri morn to start ,thing's got to change since i haven't seen a deer while hunting in the past 3 outing's .We've got about 6" of snow on the ground today and we're expecting another 10CM's tonight ,I would think that the deer are holding tight right now ,so hopefully thing's change for the weekend.

nubo
Old 11-24-2005, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fella's I wanted to wish you all a happy thanksgiving. Sounds like you're all into some deer so just stick with it patience and perserverance usually pays off. I'm just getting my gear together right now for the rifle opener on monday. Man i wish the opener woulda been today we got about 6" of fresh snow and its still coming down good and heavy. I think its gona be gone for monday though. They want a high of 54 on monday which really sucks [:@]but what can i do about it? lol. Have a happy turkey day everyone. If i get lucky and shoot me a buck with a gun i'll still post a pic on here if you guys want. If not that'd be cool, as how i understand that some people dont enjoy rifle harvests. Good luck boys and wish me luck to!
Old 11-26-2005, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well guy's !

Sorry I haven't been around too much lately but work has been very busy this past 2 week's ,so I haven't had a whole lot of time to hunt .I'm planning on getting out tomorrow morn as long as the wife hasn't got thing's to do with Minor Hockey .We've got about 8" of snow on the ground and now that it's clear out just maybe I can get a good chance on taking a decent buck .I haven't seen any buck's chasing doe's this past week so I think the rut has started coming to an end here ,but I'm sure there's a few buck's who are still doing their thing .
I'm glad to see the teammate's who have already taken deer or their season's have come to an end still hanging in there for the rest of us ,so get out there a let's get some more point's on the board .
I hope you's all had a good Thank's giving yesterday ,so it's time to get out and wear some of those excess pound's off .Good luck guy's and keep the new's coming on your season's progress .

nubo

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.