Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Old 11-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Congratulations AE that is a Super Buck. Way to Go. That's what I am holding out for.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go SIDEWAYS!!! Congratulations!!

Good job buddy!

I think this year will be a lot like last year, you don't necessarily need big bucks to win; you just need as many of your teammates to score as possible. Of course I know everyone has different goals as to what they want to take and that is ok.

Again, congrats and way to go!!
Old 11-13-2005, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the congrats Little Indian. I hope you get a bigger one.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

IM BACK!!!

FIRST THINGS FIRST-----A big congratulations for Antler Eater for shooting that hawg and to SIDEWAYS for shooting his first buck with archery.I cant wait to hear the story SIDEWAYS and see the pics.
Antler Eater---That was truly one heck of a story and an awesome buck.You really made me feel like I was there in the stand with you.You really have a way with words that seem to catch everyones attention and keep them hanging for the punch line.Then bang,there it is.Do me a favour bud----Send that story and pic to BIG BUCK MAG and get it published.
With the amount of time,energy,and definate know how you truly deserved that buck.Like Buckeye said,if any of the "mailmen"would deliver a hammer it would be you,and you followed through .Again,congrats to you.I really hope I can get something as big as that soon.

Well.just getting home from my week off with the guys.We had a blast and hunted hard.I got 2 does and saving my buck tag for the archery hunt
I have been with the same group of guys for 17 years now and just cant seem to give it up strictly for bowhunting,which I have thought of numerous times.I really love my bowhunting and it is my passion.I like the feeling of 1 on 1.Trying to outsmart that elusive buck and get him in range.
The bucks are really starting to rut here now,scrapes and rubs everywhere.I will be out this tuesday morn.I am planning on sleeping in tomorrow morn(monday)Working Afternoons this week gives me the morns to hunt.Then I will be out saturday and sunday before the second week of rifle season starts.I have till the end of december to bag my buck and dont really care how cold it gets outside,I WILL BE THERE till my tag is attached to his antlers.
Good luck to everyone who is still hunting.
Antler Eater---have you scored that bad boy yet?This is the first place I came---havent been to the score card yet
SIDEWAYS---have you figured out how to score yours yet?
Go to boone and crockett or pope and young,there they have a score card and explain how to put the tape to the antlers.Cant wait to see the pics.
Jason
Old 11-13-2005, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

extreme1,

Hey thank you for saying such nice things about me. I am no different than anyone else, it is always nice to think people feel you have done "good"! [8D]Your kind words are much appreciated on my end I can assure you of that. I must admit also that there was a lot of luck involved too. A guy can only do so much in stand placement, scent control, practicing, etc... You can't control what walks by.

Congrats on your two does...a little variety never hurts anyone! We know you are a dedicated bow hunter. Anyone who hunts with a bow on those cold Canadian mornings is dedicated to the bone baby!
I hope you kill one of thosemonsters!

Thanks again...
Old 11-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gentlemen,

If the scores are correct we are less than 380 points out of the lead (not knowing what sideways buck scores)!!! In the " battle of the bone" that is not really all that much. If three,four, ormore of you boys "deliver" we are right in the thick of things!!!

Good luck guys hang in there it only takes a second for a dull hunt to turn into a huge success!!
Old 11-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya Antler-----I was going over the score card and realized we are in second place,and thats not even counting SIDEWAYS deer
Hopefully tomorrow morn I can get us one of the big bucks in my area,they are rutting hard now.
Only problem I am having now is,I cant figure out which stand to use.I have one on the edge of a corn field bordering a big field,pasture,and the other is my favorite stand in a patch of hardwoods on the edge of a swamp,thicket.HMMM----decisions,decisions.
Anyone want to take a guess.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm, sounds like the numbers for team XX just went up another 130 points or so.....

Well, that just means we have to roll up our sleeves (or down if its cold) and hunt a little longer and a little harder...

Exteme1 as sure as shoot'in if I told you to go to one spot the big fella would show up at the other...

Good luck, go out and enjoy yourself!
Old 11-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fellas you guys can have this competition if you all score on 4 or 5 decent bucks. A couple more 130's and maybe a 110 to 120 or 2 and it is all yers cause I really think team 20 has shot there wad and is probably about done postng kills. I just hope some of you guys have already got yers and are sandbagging a little. It would be real cool for one of you to pull out a 200. I am not on any team but I have hunted with Antler Eater quite a bit so you guys are my favorite. GO MAIL MEN. Deliver yerselves a win.

Old 11-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

WOW. We have a cheering section. I knew we were good, but....

Quick Reply: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.