2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Old 11-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Hey guys I just put the tape away and I'm looking at 112 inches. 6 inches was due to the left double brow tine. Looks like the deer around are starting to move pretty good, the next 2 weeks should be great.I'm still out there trieng to fill my doe tags. Temps are a bit higher than I would like. Highs in upper 60's And lows in the low 50's.
I made a trip to some game lands last weekend. I walked a mile back with my climber to a tree I shot a deer out of last year. I went in sat. morning well before light. Once it got light I looked down and behind my tree. There was a 3 foot scrape not 5 foot from my tree. At 8 oclock a 6-7 inch spike came in and went right for it. It hung around for a while then walked off. He came back again at 11:00 checked the scrape again and hung out for another 45 minuites.
Good luck to everyone this week. I'm headed over to the official thread to list my deer.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats again OHBowhunter!
My son and Iwill beheading out tomorrow morning and will stay all day if needed.
We can also hunt bow hunt Sunday on private land here in Maryland, so if need be, I will be in the woods all weekend [8D]
The temps here have are supposed to be in the mid 60's all weekend, but the mornings should be decent. At least there is no rain in the forecast.
Hope everyonehas a good weekend and stay safe
Old 11-04-2005, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

OHBowhunter, YOU DA MAN!!!! Way to go buddy and again let me just say nice buck!!!

Old 11-04-2005, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

....Hmmm there is some good news coming for the Mailmen team........

...Stay tuned gentlemen!!
Old 11-04-2005, 11:40 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Antler Eater

You are living upto the name ( Mail Men ). Making us wait is just wrong!! Dont make me sick the dog on ya!! He doesn't like mail men that do make the delivery on time andto the right place!!

Tim
Old 11-05-2005, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

TJF, you see the thing is, dogs love me!! Now you take that lovely specimen in the photo there, why, he would just love to play with me. While most people would look at him and ask why would anyone want an ugly dog like that...the pooch would know that I believe he is wonderfully beautiful!!! It almost looks like he is sayin "howdy" to me already in the pic. Animals sense things like that you know...in many ways they are a "better" species than humans. They never lie, rarely steal, andcheat only occasionly (the latter twousually happens when you put your food down to go back in the kitchenfor your drink)... I absolutely love dogs...

Ah, yes,....the wind is blowing in good news for the number nine team, I can feel it...But now I have to get ready for work...it kills me not to be able to go hunting this morning......

P. S. By the way, I got your PM...you are very welcome, I meant every word...But of course the ribbing will continue ....
Old 11-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good to see you got that buck of yours scored and posted--thank you fred---he is a beaut.CONGRATS again
Good luck on filling your doe tag.
SIDEWAYS--how did your weekend go.? good luck to you and your son.

O.K Antler Eater----what is going on with all this teasing.Do you know something we dont,hmmmmm,maybe your psychic---lol
What is it you can feel?------lol------come on man-fill us in
Maybe I can squeeze it out of TJF

Well guys,I just spent the day hunting and seen 4 deer and heard one jump a fence this morn but couldent see it.I had a doe and her fawn under my stand about 20 yards out max from my stand this morn for about 15-20 min as they were just casually feeding along there route.A nice 6-8 point came in with the does and stopped at the fence giving up on them.I tried grunting at him and he just continued to walk away.He was around 75-80 yards out and would not come in.I left my stand around 9:10 this morn as the wife and I had plans.I was quietly walking out and seen a doe bedding in some tall standing pines along the edge of a field.Just for fun I tried to stalk as close to her as I could before she spooked.I got within 40 yards and she stood up,stomped her feet,blew once at me and ran off.Not to bad for dry crunchy leaves.
I also seen a huge scrape at the field edge,it was at least 5 feet square,drag marks,and hoof prints all through it.After rifle season,I will be spending some time in this area hoping to intercept him.
Good luck guys tomorrow and hopefully someone gets one.

Old 11-05-2005, 08:08 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Antler Eater

. While most people would look at him and ask why would anyone want an ugly dog like that......
I've been wondering the same thing ever since the wife picked him out 8 years ago. I want to use him for coyote bait but the wife won't let me. She apparently sees the beauty in him to. [&:]

extreme1

I have no idea to tell you the truth now.Figured he had a big one tied up or something like that. He is up to something though. You better keep an eye on him!! LOL

Tim
Old 11-07-2005, 05:56 AM
Typical Buck

Weekend huntupdate:
Is it ever going to get cold and stay cold? [:@]
Saturday morning started off in thelow 50's.
My son and I both saw a couple does running around and I saw 2 small forkhorns, one had a decent size body but never presented a shot.
The afternoon warmed up into the low 70's and we saw nothing.[:'(]
Sunday was windy and warm, I ended up staying out all day and watched the leaves swirl around and around.
All in all it was a good w/end, got to spend some time out with my son.
The missus cannot understand why I would waste a perfect w/end sitting, doing nothing [8D]
Some people just don't understand!
Old 11-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

O.K Antler Eater----what is going on with all this teasing.Do you know something we dont,hmmmmm.....What is it you can feel?
The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind....

Quick Reply: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.