2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Old 11-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Hang in there extreme1, you are one tough dude brother!
Old 11-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks to everyone who replied.
Now get back in the woods and hunt [8D]

Old 11-16-2005, 06:26 PM

Congrats SIDEWAYS! Nice story too.

Been out of town for work a few times these past few weeks but trying to get out when I can. I was out for both gun weekends at least one day here (with my bow) the past two weekends. Neighbor shot a six point about 200 yards from me and haven't seen a buck (hunting) since. That first weekend the does were running in all directions through the woodslike panic stricken people you see in the movies. It was pretty crazy.

Still keeping the faith with Extreme as my inspiration for heading out in some cold weather. In the low 20s here today.

Take care guys and good luck.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now get back in the woods and hunt [8D]
Oh ya,keep pushing.I'll show ya,I'll bag me a big un as soon as he shows up---lol
SIDEWAYS---are you still hunting or is your season over now?

Still keeping the faith with Extreme as my inspiration for heading out in some cold weather. In the low 20s here today.
Dress warm bud,its only going to get worse from here on out
Hang in there extreme1, you are one tough dude brother!
Oviously you havent met me in person---lol---I just havent told you guys I cry when im cold,and besides I said about 30 pages back----IM SENSITIVE

Im heading out in the early morn to give the corn field a go.Weather is supposed to be -2c and clowdy periods.Hopefully something comes my way.Will start "blind" grunting at around 8:30 if nothing shows.Maybe a buck in the woods or standing corn will get his curiosity up and come check out his rival.
WISH ME LUCK GUYS
StealthyOne----you have snow on the ground yet?

Hey guys----score of 320 and change----not bad----now we need a few more inches to really put a scare on the other teams
Old 11-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

IF my radar is correct I think we may have gone from second to fourth in one felled swoop of a few bow strings...

...But it ain't over til it's over......
Old 11-18-2005, 11:06 AM

Hi guys. I havent been on here lately. Congrats on the buck SIDEWAYS and Antler Eater. I havent had much luck except last week when I rattled in a small buck. Good luck Mailmen.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

Extreme, no way is my hunt over. We have very liberal bag limits for whitetail.
I can take one more buck, but have to take 2 does prior to doing so.
We can also take up to 10 does.
Some counties in MD you can take an unlimited number of does.
Muzzleloader and shotgun season each have the same limits.
Hunting all 3 seasons, one could take 6 bucks and 30 does.
Thatsa lottsa meat in da freezer

Old 11-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear you can still be out hunting Joe
Here in my area we are allowed one buck by any means of hunting and up to 6 doe tags.Thats why I am making sure on the buck I take is a good one to me,only allowed one.
Rifle season is now closed in wmu 63 and open for the last week in wmu64.Most of,if not all my bowhunting is done in 64.Just to keep me busy this week I will bowhunt in 63 for a week on the camp land.We have a few treestands built back there to accomodate me.Its 1100 acres and alot of mixed bush and swamp,cedar thickets.I will be the only one on this property,unless my buddy goes out .
When the rifle hunt is over in 64(landowner hunts) I will be back in my stand fighting the cold bitter elements trying to put a nice one on the ground.
I am not seeing as many deer this year as previous years due to to many farmers shooting crop nuisance deer.Alot of deer are shot in the summer and early fall.I dont agree with this means of deer pop[ulation control but there is nothing I can do about it.Just in my area alone,up to 90-100 deer were shot last year and not sure on the number this year.I truely believe the deer will take a few years to recover in this area if the Ministry put a stop to it now.Dont get me wrong,there are still deer running around,just not as abundent as 2 years ago.
I have been seeing some awesome scrapes in the area and hopefully the buck is still there after next week.
I was at the taxidermist last night(being nosey---lol)I'Ve known the man for alot of years now and he has got some beautiful racks in there.Biggest I have seen he has is a typical,with some serious mass,I mean 6.5 inch bases and continues up to the last G3 and still is impressive to the tip.And to top it all off he has a 27 inch spread I kid you not.
My favoutite was a non-typical he had with numerous points alot of mass ,tall tines and a 7 inch drop point.Man he was beautiful and all these racks will make beautiful mounts.
I really wanted to take pics ,but of course no camera and dont feel I have the right to without the owners permission,especially posting them on the net
Well good luck guys ,and you can be sure if Im not on the forums,Im hunting-----or working of course
Old 11-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well Jason it's too dark for hunting ,so you must be working .I almost took a huge buck this morning ,the closest I've been all season long .He was huge in body and his neck was swollen to the max with his nose to the ground .It was so close I could see the body shop's bill .LMAO
I'll be out in the morning since the weather forecast is that the temp's are about to drop and then calling for snow in the evening ,so just maybe the buck's will be cruising in front of my stand .I'll also be out tomorrow evening as well ,just in caseI don't get one down in the morn.

nubo
Old 11-22-2005, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

I want to wish everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.
Going out of town tomorrow and not sure I will be back on here until after turkey day.

Quick Reply: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.