Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread! >

Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Old 09-11-2005, 07:12 PM

Default RE: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

ground or elevated, whats the difference as long as you are well enough to be in the woods, i'm glad your surgery went well and that you will be joining us in the woods!
Old 09-11-2005, 08:11 PM

Hey guys,
I havn't got ahold of Rack yet, I have been pretty bust lately. Today I spent the morning setting up my ground blind on a over-grown power-line that leads for a golden rod field to a corn/alfalfa/clover field. This is a awsome travel route and usually one of the best spots I have for seeing buck activity. I set-up my game cam over a freshly worked scrape so I am hoping to get some good pics of bucks checking it. After that, I went and set-up my ladder stand which is probablly gonna be my primary stand location. It is set-up in a cluster of 4 small trees that are in the middle of a grown-up golden rod field. There was a path cut last year that leads down 15 yards to the left of the stand and cuts off 20 yards in front of the stand. To the right of the stand about 10 yards is a pond that the deer usually drink from before heading towards the fields at night. After that I went out and got a mock scrape kit and made two mock scrapes about 17 yards from one of my hang-on stands and this is where I got the pics of the big 10 point that is pictured under-neath my name. I am gonna see if they start getting worked over and if they do, I am gonna set the camera up over them. After that I went and helped my best-friend put a new string and cable on his bow, then we shot for about an hour before we headed out to his uncles farm to check out the property. His uncle is running a Trail Mac digital game cam out there and had tons of pictures of bucks which he gave to me, so I can put some on here tommorrow. After that, we took a little drive around some of our other properties looking for sign/deer and we are starting to see alot of scrapes. God I can't wait for Oct. 1st
Old 09-13-2005, 05:32 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys! The MD opener is Thursday, but I was given the last minute opportuntity to travel to Maine on Thursday for a bear hunt. I couldn't pass it. up.
The MD season is long (Sept 15 - Jan. 31), so a couple days won't hurt....

Slice
Old 09-13-2005, 05:53 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck Slice I don't blame ya!

Mobow, glad to hear the surgery went well! I thought I was going to have to goout there and hunt all your stands for you

No good news to report fromNY. Just lost another 100acres of farm land to out of state big $$$$lease. Going out todayto recoup by scouting new public ground.

Old 09-14-2005, 07:52 PM

Well, saturday will be my first day out. Season opens Thursday, but I am gonna let my son hunt that evening. Don't worry.....he hasn't even seen my good spots yet....
Looked at the long range forecast, and the wind is predicted to be absolutely perfect for my stands this weekend. I finished up my arrows last night, and the Stingers are ready for some lunch!!
My knee is doing better than I expected. In fact, I sometimes have to remind myself I just had surgery on it and should take it easy. So, I pulled out the pop up blind tonight, blew the dust off it, sprayed it down with scent killer, and left it set up in the yard to air out. Needless to say, every preperation that can be made, has been....well, except for H. Preparations A-G have been made....LOL.

I just want to say that I am looking most forward to sharing this season with the members of Team 5!! Been great getting to know you all!

Ok, now huddle up ya'll! Hands in the center......BruiserBusters on 3.......1....2....3......

GO BRUISER-BUSTERS!!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

MoBow: Hey glad to year you're doing well, good luck with your son... I guess that was today eh? I've had funchasing your posts around this week. Seemslike everytime I go to give advice, you've already said everything I was going to so I just reaffirm it. Anyway good luck saturday as well.

BM: Man I know how you feel, I can't sleep at night anymore Oct. 1 just needs to get here. I've been waiting since January 15th. Looking forward to your pics tomorrow.

I also am looking forward to the comradery of my Bruiser Bustin brothers this year. Let's get 'em boys.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:23 AM

LOL..yeah, I was gonna ask you about that......You followin me or somethin???? LOL.....
Old 09-16-2005, 02:10 PM

Hey guys,

I got out today and checked out one of my better stand spots (the Oaks), which is about a 1 acre clearing in some thick woods that has nothing but yard-grass on the ground and sparse huge white oaks making a canopy. The west side of the clearing is thick brush (bedding area), to the south is a large grown up apple orchard, to the east is the large grown-up golden-rod field with a pond in it (where I have been seeing the 150" class 10 pointer), and to the north is the property owners backyard. One the west side of this clearing I found tons of rubs and a natural scrape. When I saw this I came back to my house and headed for Wal-Mart where I picked up two bottles of "Active Scrape" scent, a bottle of non-estrus doe urine, and a bottle of buck tarsal scent. I came back home and grabbed my scent dripper and both of my scouting cameras. I went back and put my Moultrie digital over the natural scrape and just added a little bit of each scent to that scrape. I went and found a perfect looking tree that is about 23 yards from my stand and I scraped up the ground, broke up the over-hanging branch, sprayed the scrape andover-hanging branchwith the doe urine and tarsal gland scent, then I filled the scrape dripper with active scrape and hung that over the scrape and sprayed the remaining active scrape on the over-hanging branch. I set the Trail Mac digital over the scrape and I am really looking forward to checkin the cameras out next week. I am gonna leave the cameras there till atleast Monday afternoon before I check them, I might wait till Thursday though.

Been shooting the BowTech alot and am drilling tacks out to 40 yards, this thing is dead on and I am ready to roll. All I have to do is wait for season to open and I have a feeling that the wait is gonna kill me. I may get out Monday afternoon and do a little archery hunting for some dang ground-hogs.

Here are a few new game cam pics....

Old 09-16-2005, 02:15 PM

nice pics,good looking freezer does and the bucks look good too, looks like a great area with many opportunities, hope you can get a shot at "daddy"
Old 09-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going out in the morning to a public area to do a little scouting. I already know where I'm hunting but I'm just gonna see. I've got a pretty good 9pt. that crosses some private property that I can hunt, he does it every morning. Hopefully I will make him the first one of the season. I'll let ya know what I see tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.