HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!
Old 09-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Buck Magnet

Default RE: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Hey guys,
I havn't got ahold of Rack yet, I have been pretty bust lately. Today I spent the morning setting up my ground blind on a over-grown power-line that leads for a golden rod field to a corn/alfalfa/clover field. This is a awsome travel route and usually one of the best spots I have for seeing buck activity. I set-up my game cam over a freshly worked scrape so I am hoping to get some good pics of bucks checking it. After that, I went and set-up my ladder stand which is probablly gonna be my primary stand location. It is set-up in a cluster of 4 small trees that are in the middle of a grown-up golden rod field. There was a path cut last year that leads down 15 yards to the left of the stand and cuts off 20 yards in front of the stand. To the right of the stand about 10 yards is a pond that the deer usually drink from before heading towards the fields at night. After that I went out and got a mock scrape kit and made two mock scrapes about 17 yards from one of my hang-on stands and this is where I got the pics of the big 10 point that is pictured under-neath my name. I am gonna see if they start getting worked over and if they do, I am gonna set the camera up over them. After that I went and helped my best-friend put a new string and cable on his bow, then we shot for about an hour before we headed out to his uncles farm to check out the property. His uncle is running a Trail Mac digital game cam out there and had tons of pictures of bucks which he gave to me, so I can put some on here tommorrow. After that, we took a little drive around some of our other properties looking for sign/deer and we are starting to see alot of scrapes. God I can't wait for Oct. 1st